We have experienced continuous growth and increased revenue since inception! Agilex is an employee-owned, privately held company where achievements are recognized and rewarded. Based in Chantilly, Virginia and founded in 2007, Agilex provides mission and technology consulting, software and solution development, and system integration services. Agilex was founded with the notion to bring together business expertise with the foremost database and IT knowledge to offer clients innovative thinking on leveraging advanced technologies within the Healthcare IT, Intelligence, Homeland Security and Government Services Sectors.
Employees are eligible to earn stock based on performance. Want to work with a group of professionals who have very successful track records and who expect, look forward to and value the ideas of others? If the answer is yes, please take a look at our career opportunities and contact us so that we can talk to you about taking your career
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) is migrating its application server and Oracle infrastructure from Sun hardware to Hewlett Packard (HP) blade servers running Red Hat Linux, which is driving a need to move multiple legacy environments to the new architecture. At the same time, standardization of the development and test environments will be accomplished. The FDIC requires engineering support to build out the new production Oracle environment on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux and help developing processes, procedures, as well as support for migrating applications to this new environment.
The Oracle WebLogic Application Development Specialist will work together with the Project Manager and a highly skilled technical team to support:
2011 National Capital Business Ethics Award Winner (Medium Company Category
- Engineering of the new environment build out
- Establishment of a knowledge base of best practices for migrating applications from the old to the new environment
- Migration of applications from the old to the new environment
- 8-10 years of software development, specifically software architecture experience in a J2EE/WebLogic environment
- Ability to elicit, evaluate and critique functional and technical requirements and design
- Skills to effectively contribute to strategic IT planning, including process improvements and system risk mitigation
- Significant experience in selecting products meeting business requirements and designing the technical architecture for large enterprise applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of current technology, architecture, and application software development methodology, including Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) methodologies and best practices
- Expertise of multiple technologies and trends, including J2EE application frameworks, WebLogic Application Server, WebLogic Portal Server, ESB and other middleware, portals, networking, security, and server hardware products
- Understanding of various integration technologies including Web services (SOAP, XML, UDDI, WSDL), RESTful Services, Enterprise Service Bus and Portals.
- Experience developing WebLogic Portlets using WebLogic Application Server 12c or newer.
- Experience in enterprise use of WebLogic Workshop for documenting, modeling and developing J2EE applications. Experience developing and deploying applications in multi-tiered (3+ tiers) application environment at least one of which was within a Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience providing technical and/or architectural support for WebLogic Application Server 12c.
- Experience providing guidance and mentoring to staff on the effective utilization of a technical architecture.
- Knowledge of the financial and banking industry preferred.
- Able to influence the opinions and approach of business and IT team members through respect for demonstrated depth of architectural expertise.
- Highly effective team player who enjoys working across many organizational lines and levels and functions well in a matrixed environment.
- Skilled verbal communicator and writer who can get the point across and tailor the communication for the receiving audience.
- Effective leader who leads by example and inspires the best efforts of other team members.
- Intellectually strong and straightforward person who shares views and knowledge with others in a constructive, professional manner.
- High output, organized individual capable of working on numerous concurrent initiatives.
- Able to think and operate on both the strategic and tactical levels. For instance, able to devise a short-term solution that complements the longer term goals.
- Change agent who effectively challenges the status quo and helps the team around them embrace improved methods and newer technologies.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that requires the individual to simultaneously manage several tasks, while paying attention to detail and quality.
Agilex Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D.
Agilex - Realize the Value of Information