Order Fulfillment Supervisor
Responsible for the accurate, timely and efficient processing of Representative and Customer orders. The Order Fulfillment Supervisor is largely focused on the “pick” and “pack” functions within the distribution environment. Achieves key process and operational cost improvements in accordance with established company policies and procedures. Fosters Team environment.
- Supervises up to 50 Associates.
- Achieves continual process improvement. Focus on accuracy, expense management, and order processing schedule, throughput / flow management and Representative value proposition.
- Differentiates performance. Coaches, trains and mentors staff in an effort to continuously improve the effectiveness of the workforce. Utilizes recognition and performance management to reinforce and affect behavior.
- Strong knowledge of Warehouse Control/Order Management system. Utilizes WCS to eliminates non-value-added activities and inefficiencies.
- Promotes safety. Protects the health and welfare of Company Associates.
Minimum work experience required:
- One to three years of related supply chain operations experience or equivalent internship experience.
- One to three years supervisor experience or equivalent internship experience.
- Thorough understanding of policies and procedures relative to customer service. APICS certification recommended.
Minimum education and training required:
- Bachelor of Science/Arts degree required; Concentration in a Technical Discipline (Industrial Engineering, Logistics or Operations Management) desired.
- Associates are expected to continually expand on their personal operational and supply chain knowledge via internal core skills training, professional affiliations, workshops and industry forums.
· Prioritizes customer satisfaction. Displays a sense of urgency when responding to Representative concerns.
- Demonstrated leadership of light industrial workforce.
- Experience with process improvement and driving change.
- Advanced computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Ability to design analytical tools, project plans and process diagrams.
- Exceptional ability to analyze, forecast and makes well-supported recommendations.
· Promotes teamwork and works effectively within diversified teams.
· Works at a fast pace in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Acquires knowledge of functional operations (order flow, 5S, quality, finance).
· Experience in communicating and addressing issues to senior management.
· Career development and operational understanding will require Operations Supervisors to move laterally between multiple order fulfillment and distribution supply chain positions.
· Must have the ability to relocate for future career opportunities.