Title: Order Processing Clerk
Reports to: Director of International Operations
Location: Boston, MA
Partners In Health (PIH) is a nonprofit organization headquartered in Boston, MA, whose mission is to provide quality health care for the poor and marginalized in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Dominican Republic, and Navajo Nation. In addition, PIH has a growing network of affiliated organizations and initiatives in several other countries, including Nepal, Burundi, Mali, Liberia, and Togo. Through service delivery, training, advocacy and research, PIH works around the globe to bring the benefits of modern medical science to those most in need of it, to serve as an antidote to despair, and inspire others to do the same.
This is an exciting time for PIH. We are taking on immense challenges, and a newfound visibility has brought the opportunity to influence great change on the global stage. PIH seeks individuals committed to the mission and values of the organization to join the team.
The Order Processing Clerk is a new and essential position on the International Operations team. The Clerk will be responsible for executing purchases of medicines and materials for PIH’s health facilities around the globe. S/he will work closely with colleagues to react quickly to the needs of the international sites. The Clerk will be responsible for maintaining systems to make the team’s work more efficient and responsive. As s/he will have visibility into the status of most pending orders, the Clerk must be highly organized, have good communication skills, and demonstrate the ability to follow through on multiple issues and shifting priorities.
- Prepare and execute purchases for PIH international sites. (50%)
- Request quotations from vendors
- Review quotations for accuracy, lead time, alternate products
- Ensure budget approval and correct budget coding has been received in advance of order confirmation
- Once approved, generate purchase orders in PIH financial software (Serenic)
- Confirm purchases with vendors
- Provide order confirmation information to colleagues as needed and record order status and shipping details
- Process invoices for payment, prepare wire transfer requests or check requests as needed, and submit financial documents to the Accounting team. (20%)
- Maintain sales and contact records in the appropriate electronic databases (Serenic and inventory management tool), including pricing agreements, special terms and conditions, and frequently purchased items. (10%)
- Implement operating protocols for use of multiple databases and systems, including user permission levels, standard nomenclature, and data entry protocols. (10%)
- Provide administrative support to International Operations team as needed. (10%)
- Highly organized and able to follow protocols.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office products. Experience with database programs a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering results and a high quality work product.
- Comfortable working in a team in a fast-paced environment. Ability to manage changing priorities.
- Fluent in English.
- High school graduate or equivalent, and 3-5 years relevant work experience.
Partners in Health - 8 months ago