Receives and processes routine customer orders. Performs general clerical duties to support the Customer Service Department's operations.
1. Reviews orders received by mail, fax and phone; contacts the
appropriate employee to clarify items as needed.
2. Enters orders into the computer according to established customer
3. Checks completed orders to verify the accuracy of all information.
4. Ensure that orders are processed within established deadlines.
5. Maintains a log of orders keyed.
6. Calls customers and Hillman Field Service staff to provide order
information as needed.
7. Faxes information to customers upon request.
8. Updates the master customer list.
9. Distributes weekly reports to various departments.
10. Assists with maintaining order processing document and forms.
11. Maintains current knowledge of department operating procedures
and company products.
12. Adapts to changes in procedures and works to improve efficiency
of the operation.
13. Maintains departmental files; distributes mail.
14. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
Safety - Observes all safety procedures and policies; Reports potentially unsafe conditions to supervisor; Uses equipment and materials properly.
High School diploma or GED equivalent is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Ten Key experience (alpha/numeric) is required.
2. Able to key 8,000 KPH.
3. Knowledge of MS Excel and Word is preferred; Ability to learn and
use in-house software applications.
4. Ability to type 25 WPM.
5. Ability to learn a variety of product lines and part numbering
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
The Hillman Group - 2 years ago