Three Deep Marketing is seeking a Search Engine Optimization professional with a passion for search and interactive marketing to be our next SEO Scientist. Do you love Organic Search? Is Matt Cutts your hero? Do you have enough MozPoints to last you a lifetime? Do you know who is keynoting the next SES or SMX conference? If you’re are a hard-working, analytically minded person that enjoys researching keywords, optimizing website content and technical structure, building strategic links and watching the traffic flow in, then Three Deep might be the place for you.
Skills and Qualifications
- Client Results: You will be expected to build value for assigned clients by making technical recommendations, conducting keyword research and implementing into new and existing content, building domain value through link building and producing the great results that our clients expect.
- Platform Product Management: Work within the framework of both third party systems and Three Deep’s proprietary tools in order to develop search engine friendly websites that deliver results. This involves both fundamental Search Optimization as well as helping improve our technology by working directly with development team to implement new techniques for inter-linking, reporting and rank checking.
- Technology Selection: You will be involved with technology selection and implementation and ensuring that our current set of tools are the best tools to deliver results.
- Continued Learning: We encourage all of our employees to continue learning and refining their skills, so we will work with you to make sure that you’re continuing to further your expertise through certifications, local conferences and events.
- Research, Analysis and Reporting: You will work alongside our interactive team to perform keyword research, demographic analysis and overall planning for each client account. This includes performing an audit and making recommendations to the client, as well as maximizing profitability and sales growth through intelligent analytics and segmented targeting. You will be responsible for consistently monitoring and keeping campaigns up to date with new advertising features and techniques, as well as providing analysis utilizing tools such as Google Analytics to maximize the performance of online marketing programs.
- Team Collaboration: You’ll often engage in teamwork with the other Search Specialists as well as other members of the Three Deep team to ensure that we are delivering an effective service to our clients.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or related business experience
- 3-5 years experience with organic search engine optimization
- Strong understanding of technical aspects of search engine optimization including site structure, crawlability, redirects and basic HTML coding experience
- Ability to conduct keyword research using a variety of tools, estimate traffic and incorporate keywords into website copy
- Write or review keyword rich meta data for thousands of pages
- Link building experience through traditional methods, infographics and social media
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize and make progress on multiple concurrent projects and share progress with executive team
- Demonstrated history of efficiently completing projects on time and within budget
- Familiarity with industry leading keyword research, link building, rank checking and analytics tools used for organic search optimization
- Comfortable making technology recommendations and operationalizing into company-wide processes
- Maintains an extensive reading list of industry and non-industry sources to understand upcoming changes to search engine landscape
- Knowledge and experience with video and local search engine optimization (VSEO and LSEO) a plus
- Understands the differences between “white hat” and “black hat” techniques
- Ability to report on results of all efforts to provide transparency to functional and executive teams
- Must have strong presentation skills (PowerPoint) and demonstrated analytical skills
- Understanding of the fundamentals of web analytics, especially Google Analytics
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors, agencies and partners
- Understanding of fundamentals of product management desired
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- A natural curiosity for how things work
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelors degree in marketing, information sciences or equivalent experience
Three Deep Marketing is a marketing technology agency. We offer a full portfolio of professional services using proprietary technologies and business expertise to design, deploy and optimize marketing campaigns to support both Fortune 500 companies and small and medium businesses.
Our services include marketing strategy and planning, database marketing, search engine optimization, campaign management and execution, web development, and program reporting and analysis.
We were honored as a top “Best Places to Work” in the Twin Cities the past two consecutive years. Three Deep was also recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the 20 fastest growing private companies in Minneapolis/St. Paul.
Three Deep, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard