As Boeing continues to grow, the company seeks to attract, develop and retain leading edge talent. This Organization Effectiveness Consultant plays a pivotal role in partnering with business and human resources leaders to strategically transform organizations across the Enterprise to achieve breakthrough business performance in a fast-moving and fast-changing landscape.
The position will focus on architecting and delivering end-to-end products and solutions in strategic organizational design, change management, team effectiveness, leadership development and organizational diagnostics that target Enterprise priorities. Boeing's management consultants act as 1) technical experts in these areas, 2) project leaders driving change, 3) business consultants enabling breakthrough performance, and 4) team leaders and coaches developing these skills and capabilities across the HR generalist community.
Our successful candidate will possess a number of key attributes. They will be...
The role will focus on;
- Ability to quickly assimilate new concepts.
- Strong business acumen, able to identify what is valuable to the business, operational dynamics, and then create a strategy that directly drives business outcomes.
- Strong self-awareness and personal accountability.
- Ability to simplify the complex into line management language and clear goals.
- A practical, results-oriented consultant, able to focus on delivering priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- An excellent communicator, able to partner with leaders at all levels of the organization, and able to articulate progress and results to HR and business audiences.
- A highly collaborative professional who can drive partnership, alignment, and communication across functional lines and at global levels.
Examples could include:
- Ensure business focused consulting solutions with demonstrated use of data analytics
- Augment the consulting value proposition with a deep commitment to industry best practices and innovative solutions.
- Lead consulting projects and project teams on organizational design, change management, strategy planning, team effectiveness, and organization diagnostics. Projects will range in scope from supporting business unit/program activities to specific, high priority needs within a program or business area.
- Executing each phase of the consulting process and measuring the impact of these interactions on the client system.
- Relentless commitment to managing client relationships and delivering results.
- Business model innovation: leveraging current businesses and moves into adjacencies
- Reorganizations that span businesses, functions, and divisions
- Improving the effectiveness of senior leadership teams
- Enabling innovation and business performance with transformational change
- Support expansion of international businesses
- M&A support partnering with businesses to create effective integration strategies
- Partner with leaders to diagnose development needs and create aligned and integrated plans resourced with the best of Boeing of global, regional, and local programs, online tools and coaching resources.
Human Resources Development
- Partner with appropriate functions and organization levels so that the best capabilities from each is captured
- Align key stakeholders (Business leaders, HR leaders, external partners) connected to any project work
- Where appropriate, manage external vendors to augment the team's capabilities
- Translate change management strategy and practice into executable, operational plans
- Enable broader OE reach across Boeing through HR tools and initiatives
[ + ] Build Positive Relationships
Consistently builds effective working relationships with other project leads, internal employees, and external customers. Probes for and provides information to clarify situations. Consistently seeks and expands on original ideas from other project leads, internal employees, and external customers, enhances others' ideas, and contributes own ideas about the issues at hand. Places higher priority on project and organization goals than on own goals. Guides others in gaining agreement from other project leads, managers, internal employees, and external customers to support ideas or take partnership-oriented action; uses sound rationale to explain value of actions. Establishes good interpersonal relationships by helping people feel valued, appreciated, and included in discussions.
[ + ] Business (Operational) Acumen
Extensive and specialized understanding of how the business and organization works and why; knowledgeable in current and helps develop future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and organization; understands the competition; understands how tactics work in the marketplace. Understands how to accomplish tasks and influences through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices and procedures; understand and works effectively within the cultures of the organization.
[ + ] Change Management
Consistently encourages other project leads, internal employees, and external customers to question established work processes or assumptions, ask 'why' until underlying cause is discovered, and support continuous improvement actions and alternatives. Consistently remains open to ideas offered by others; frequently supports and uses good ideas to solve complex problems or address complex issues. Recognizes and rewards other project leads, internal employees, and external customers who make useful changes. Actively helps other project leads, internal employees, and external customers overcome resistance to change; shows empathy with people who feel loss as a result of change. Seen as an expert in minimizing complexities, contradictions, and paradoxes or reducing their impact on other project managers, internal employees, and external customers; clarifies direction and smoothes the process of change.
[ + ] Customer Focus
Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions as a project team leader; develops and sustains productive customer relationships as they relate to project team leadership responsibilities; actively seeks information to understand customers' circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs; presents project level information to customers to build their understanding of issues and capabilities; considers how project level actions or plans will affect customers; responds quickly to meet customer needs and resolve problems; assists other project team leaders in implementing ways to monitor and evaluate customer concerns, issues, and satisfaction and to anticipate customer needs.
[ + ] Political Awareness
Demonstrates an adept understanding of political realities, which are not necessarily obvious. Appropriately anticipates the political consequences of actions; considers the political environment when presenting ideas and taking actions; effectively manages ideas and actions to navigate the political environment. Proactively obtains the views and positions of stakeholders on key issues; establishes support for recommendations and actions before officially presenting ideas or taking action; positions recommendations and/or actions to manage reactions.
[ + ] Project Management
Extensive experience in creating comprehensive multi-tiered project schedules for significant Business Unit projects; identifies time frames for key project milestones and ensure alignment of sub tier activities for overall project visibility, tracking and completion. Directs and manages very complex project schedules requiring interfacing with multi regional or international activities. Independently identifies project resource requirements, integrate and direct multi project elements into a single collective overall project plan. Collaborates with others on the most complex projects assigned. Ability to direct, delegate and ensure performance of assigned responsibilities and tasks as a project team leader in support of the overall large scale and complex projects. Identifies and resolves any issues and provide solutions and or recommendations to ensure the successful completion of the project.
[ + ] Analytical Skills
Skill and ability to: collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources with clients, customers and/or suppliers.
[ + ] Behavior Science
Extensive and specialized knowledge of organization design, behavioral science theories, practices, and methods (e.g., psychology, sociology, anthropology, learning theory, whole systems theory, statistical methodology) to improve departmental performance.
Basic Qualifications For Consideration
Do you have experience in management or organization development consulting?
Do you have experience collaborating across functions on initiatives or projects?
Do you have experience leading or managing projects?
Bachelor's degree and typically 10 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Boeing - 13 months ago
The Boeing Company (Boeing) is involved in the design, development, manufacture, sale and support of commercial jetliners, military aircraft...