Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Organizational Capability Manager located in Houston, TX through May 27, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The IT Organizational Capability (OC) Team is part of the wider IT Human Resources & Organizational Capability organization, embedded within the Chevron Information Technology Company (ITC). The OC Team has function wide, responsibility to support accelerated talent development in partnership with a range of stakeholders, and acts as the centre of expertise for the IT Function in relation to strategic workforce planning, succession management/planning, career development planning, as well as learning and development.
This position represents a key leadership role within the IT HR/OC Team and is part of the HR/OC Leadership Team, reporting to the IT HR/OC Manager.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Drive Organizational Capability Strategy Development and Execution:
• Work in partnership with the CIO Leadership Team to develop strategy to accelerate talent development across the global IT workforce.
• Partner with additional stakeholders (such as the Organizational Capability Cross-Functional Leadership Team) to oversee the formulation and execution of function-wide plans to enable strategy.
Lead Talent Management Initiatives for the IT Function:
• Lead the team accountable for working with a wide range of stakeholders to deliver key processes/initiatives – strategic workforce planning, succession management/planning, career development planning, as well as learning and development (including the Horizons Development Program for the IT Function).
• Provide the business with expert OC/L&D consulting and advisory services in partnership with HR Business Partners and IT Sponsors.
Lead the Organizational Capability Team:
• Provide a balance of strategic leadership and day to day management for members of the Organizational Capability Team (8 employees) to help support exceptional performance.
• In addition, act as a member of the IT HR/OC Leadership Team to ensure the continued development of HR/OC talent and the effective management of the wider HR/OC Team.
• Bachelor degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Development or related field
• 8 or more years of experience in HR
• Experience in leading strategic initiatives that involve significant change within a global organization
• Experience in leading and managing diverse teams (including leading through influence) to achieve exceptional results
• Ability to form strong trusted relationships with senior leaders and key stakeholders
• Experience in facilitating groups and teams, including the design and facilitation of meetings to support effective teams
• A proven ability to manage confidential information with integrity
• Master degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Development or related
• Subject matter expertise is aspects of Organizational Capability, such as strategic workforce planning, succession management, leadership development, learning and development.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will be considered.
Chevron - 9 months ago
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We...