This position is only available for current or past LCCC students. You will need a resume to complete your application.
Two positions available.
Orientation Leaders (OLs) play an integral role in introducing new students to LCCC by connecting with new students, important campus resources and the tools needed for a successful student to achieve graduation.
Throughout the year, the college will be hosting mandatory New Student Orientation for new degree seeking students and their families. Orientation will help students see what resources the college has to offer, to navigate the process of being advised, and to register for classes. Orientation Leaders will be in charge of organizing and leading these sessions with the support of a professional staff member. OLs will facilitate group sessions, lead discussions, answer questions from students and/or their guests, and present information about LCCC. In addition to duties the day of the event, OLs will complete tasks to prepare for the next event—screening students who are preregistered, contacting students to remind them of the upcoming event, assembling registration materials, team planning meetings, room set-up, etc.
Start Date: April or May 2014.
Compensation: $9.51/ hr.
- Attend and participate in all OL training sessions
- Attend and participate in all Orientation sessions
- Assist with the preparation of all orientation materials and activities
- Use multiple databases to perform check-in and orientation related tasks
- Acquaint new students with campus services, building locations, and LCCC procedures
- Serve as a knowledgeable, friendly, welcoming representative of LCCC
- Facilitate group sessions, including leading discussion, answering questions from students and/or their guests, and delivering information about LCCC
- Respond promptly to emails and phone calls
- Work independently as well as on a team
- Other duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
- Will be a registered student in Summer and/or Fall 2014 or a past LCCC Student
- Must have 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Be in good judicial standing with LCCC
- Public Speaking experience
- Familiarity with LCCC campus resources and services
Laramie County Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, genetic information, political affiliation or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities.