Deerwood Orthodontics is a respected provider of orthodontic care in 12 convenient locations across Wisconsin. Our practices' top priority is to provide the highest quality orthodontic care in a friendly, comfortable environment. We recognize that every patient has different needs and we pride ourselves in the delivery of courteous service to all of our patients. Whether you're an adult, adolescent or child, our knowledgeable doctors and staff are committed to helping our patients achieve the smile they deserve - a healthy, beautiful one!
An Orthodontic Assistant supports and assists providers with patient care. It is essential to be able to lead, be flexible, friendly, have a “can do” personality and work in a timely fashion. In addition, an Orthodontic Assistant must display open communication to co-workers and a commitment to patient satisfaction.
- Understand and demonstrate proper sterilization, biohazard and infection control procedures in compliance with protocol.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of dental terminology.
- Perform all chairside procedures efficiently.
- Demonstrate knowledge of dental instruments and proper tray setups.
- Properly take, develop and mount all radiographs.
- Efficiently direct patient flow through teamwork and communication.
- Perform all necessary lab procedures.
- Responsible for stocking treatment areas/carts and dental related facility inventory.
- Demonstrate knowledge of dental treatment equipment maintenance procedures.
- Patient/staff rapport -- make positive contribution to office/organization.
- Ability to identify and explain chart sticker numbers as they relate to financial arrangements and specialty referral.
- Perform basic computer function.
- Demonstrate cost effective techniques when utilizing supplies and equipment.
- Assist office in achieving defined goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package including a 401k, health insurance and a professional work environment. To learn more about American Dental Partners and Deerwood Orthodontics please visit us at www.amdpi.com and www.deerwoodorthodontics.com .
- One year certified dental assistant program; or
- Six months on-the-job experience; or
- High school diploma and demonstrated ability to assume dental assistant responsibilities.
- Current dental assistant license is required in certain states.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of dental records and documentation.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Comply with protocols and standards.
- Exercise knowledge of dental instruments and terminology.
- Support corporate vision and strategy.
Pewaukee, Wisconsin, United States