SUMMARY: The primary responsibilities of the Outpatient Counselor for Addiction Recovery are to assist in coordinating, planning, implementing and facilitating programs and counseling services on an outpatient basis, and when needed, within the inpatient hospital setting. The Counselor’s responsibilities may include several of the following areas: individual, group and family counseling, Employee Assistance Counseling (EAP), Addiction Recovery Programs, Partial Hospital Programs, Critical Incident Stress Management, and other current and future groups/programs. All of these areas may involve providing assessments, facilitating treatment and crisis intervention of clientele affected by substance abuse, addiction, and dual diagnoses issues. Providing community/education services will be a part of this position (as needed) and some travel is occasionally required .
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Four to ten years related experience and/or training is preferred.
· Preferred candidates will have clinical experience conducting addiction evaluations, facilitating group therapy sessions and providing individual counseling services.
· Preferred candidates will also have experience working with clients having dual diagnoses issues (addictive disorders in conjunction with mental health conditions).
· Clinical experience with couples and/or family therapy is preferred.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· South Dakota Professional License (Social Work, Nursing, Counseling or Psychology) preferred.
· Certification as a South Dakota Certified Addiction Counselor or Licensed Addiction Counselor is required.
· This position requires a valid driver’s license and that the employee is insurable by the Avera Health automobile liability insurance carrier.
Avera Health - 4 months ago