Outreach & Enrollment Specialist, Managed Care
We are currently seeking an Outreach & Enrollment Specialist to provide care coordination to support families entering the health care system and assisting with utilization and retention of benefits. The selected candidate will work in the Managed Care Department. The Outreach Enrollment Specialist is responsible for meeting projected enrollment goals of state sponsored and local county programs. This position focuses on contact with community members through the development of relationships and collaboration with EPFMC staff, schools, parent organizations, community organizations, churches, and other entities. The Outreach Enrollment Specialist will have full knowledge and will keep abreast of all services, classes, and programs in the clinic therefore informing patients and assisting with inquiries.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with professionals, administrative staff, clients and representatives of community agencies. EPFMC offers a flexible schedule, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Enrolls patients into State sponsored or local county programs.
- Assists patients with initial and re-enrollment health plan applications.
- Provides patients with education and information on managed care both in the clinic and in the community, formally and informally.
- Contacts new members to educate them on how to utilize their plan benefits, how to navigate the care system, and provide them with resources to resolve their inquiries or questions.
- Ensures all newborns are provided deemed eligibility and on converted into a managed care plan.
- Assists patients with information and enrollment into a program after obtaining temporary Medi-Cal Coverage (Gateway).
- Identifies community sites and activities for patient recruitment. Develops a partnership and maintains regular communication with community agencies to conduct activities.
- Educates the community on issues such as family planning, access to care, etc. using a variety of approaches.
- Evaluates the approaches used for outreach and adjusting her/his approach based on community's needs.
- Documents all activities related to outreach and the number of participants.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Certified Application Assistant (CAA) preferred. Certified Enrollment Counselor (CEC) Certification, a plus.
- Proficient in English and Spanish
- Current CPR Certification
- Experience in Community Health Clinic preferred
- Must be able to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Must be able to work in a flexible schedule (Monday-Saturday; occasionally will require evenings and/or Sundays)