University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company that works to improve the quality of health care, education and social services in the U.S. and around the world. We provide technical assistance and field research to strengthen health systems and service quality by empowering health workers to find and expand proven and locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC is dedicated to expanding access to high-quality maternal, newborn and child health services, preventing and reducing infectious diseases including HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria; and improving family planning and reproductive health education.
Established in 1965, our work spans over 30 countries around the globe. Our mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission ( http://www.urc-chs.com/ ).
Division & Project Overview
Founded in 1968, the Center for Human Services (CHS) is the nonprofit 501-(c)-3 affiliate of the Maryland-based University Research Co., LLC (URC), and a leader in public health consulting. URC and CHS work spans over 30 countries around the globe, including offices in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Our mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission ( http://www.urc-chs.com/ ).
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director and Program Director of the CHS New Jersey Branch Office, the candidate will manage the data for various projects implemented in the CHS Bridgeton, NJ office and conduct intake and outreach for the Vocational Rehabilitation Services Project for Migratory Agricultural Workers and Seasonal Farmworkers with Disabilities (MSFWs with Disabilities project). Specific responsibilities include:
· Conducting outreach for the purpose of recruiting eligible migrant and seasonal farmworkers for the MSFWs with Disabilities project
· Assisting MSFWs with referrals to other agencies and with accessing services from the NJ Division of Vocational and Rehabilitative Services (NJ DVRS)
· Providing services, which may include, skills assessments, coordination of employment, training, and eligibility determination (to include coordination of support services, placement activities, retention, and follow-along services)
· Ensuring implementation of Individual Employment Plans, Action Plans, and High Level Performance Goals for MSFWs with disabilities, in cooperation with MSFWs and VR professionals, to maximize resources and secure positive outcomes
· Liaising with NJ DVRS to ensure seriously disabled MSFW receive timely services
· Supporting the Diabetes Disparities project by translating for physicians implementing vision tests
Note : You must currently be eligible to work long-term in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship.
Required Experience & Qualifications
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills
· Bilingual in English and Spanish
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
· Keen attention to detail
· 1 year of data entry experience
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Ability to learn and apply CHS Corporate protocol and policies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide effective follow-up on individual activities in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to receive instruction and to follow rules and procedures
- High level of integrity
University Research Co., LLC. - 10 months ago