This position will be a member of our Advocacy Team.
- College degree plus 3-5 years of legislative / regulatory reform experience.
- Must have strong writing, research, and public speaking skills.
- Must have exceptional planning and organizational skills and substantive knowledge and experience in one or more relevant program areas.
- Proposes and implements calendar of activities in support of program’s work plan.
- Coordinates the program’s grassroots, media and legislative work on the program’s priority issue as needed.
- Coordinates CU's activities with local, state or national groups.
- Lobbies state lawmakers and presents testimony to state legislatures when needed.
- Tracks bill status, committee activity, and news coverage relevant to work CU is doing at the state level.
- Works with grassroots activists and e-activists to build CU community of activists by assisting to identify, recruit and train volunteer activists to educate the public about Consumers Union priority issue campaigns.
- Assists Issue Program Manager with other state campaign work as needed.
- Organizes media and educational events in communities.
- Analyzes legislative and regulatory proposals.
- Develops educational content on one or more campaign issues for public distribution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ConsumerReports.org - 14 months ago