DC Central Kitchen seeks a Outreach Coordinator in our Partner Agency Meal division to provide support to the 100 plus agencies that we serve. DC Central Kitchen (DCCK) is a national leader in the future of hunger relief, empowering the next generation of leaders to implement innovative models for combatting hunger, developing food systems, and helping communities to help themselves. The Outreach Coordinator will assist the Partnership Program Manager (PPM) in managing partner agency relations as it pertains to providing healthy and nutritious food as well as in nutrition education and other related services.
Serve as DCCK’s primary contact for the Food Recycling Meal Distribution Program.
- Assist agencies in meeting licensing requirements;
- Assist in conducting annual trainings for site coordinators;
- Assist agencies in trouble shooting issues as they arise pertaining to reporting requirements; Conduct regular site-monitoring visits at participating agencies;
- Work with Partnership Program Manager in conducting bi-annual client satisfaction surveys at agencies under The Community Partnership and other contracts;
- Submit written reports to PPM that detail findings of the client satisfaction survey’s;
- Work closely with PPM and Kitchen Staff to ensure timely product delivery to partner agencies
Conduct nutrition education related activities at DC Central Kitchen meal partner agency sites to promote healthier eating.
- Schedule and conduct nutrition education classes and activities ( with at-risk youth, adults, and seniors) as identified by PPM
- Schedule nutrition education programming with Truck Farm appearances at targeted Summer Meal Program sites and the USDA’s Farmers Market/People’s Garden etc.
- Create tools to provide information, resources, and materials pertaining to nutrition education for dissemination to partner agencies;
- Work with PPM to conduct required site visits to agencies participating in federal reimbursement programs;
- Work with PPM to ensure the distribution of daily production sheets and delivery slips for contract food;
- Collect and review daily delivery slips for The Community Partnership contract;
- Maintain digital records of all agency correspondence and documentation
- Research and recruit new potential meal agency partners;
- Assess current meal partners including the Child Care and Adult Food Program (CACFP) and the Free Summer Meals Program (FSMP) to determine capacity for improvement, growth, and expansion.
- Attend workshops, trainings, or conferences pertaining to job function;
- Conduct research on existing projects and develop new projects as directed by the Partnership Program Manager
- Communicate with agencies regarding scheduling changes, update production and transportation sheets with this information weekly.
- Respond to client concerns and propose solutions to the Partner Agency Manger.
- Keep Agency files up-to-date and accurate using CTK database system
- Process special meal request applications from agencies ;
- Maintain database of agency/client feedback and report these comments and other agency-relations concerns during weekly meetings;
- Keep statistics and perform various administrative tasks relating to our meal- distribution program(e.g. design and print labels)
- Prior experience in facilitating nutrition education (preferred)
- Bachelor degree in Nutrition or Public Health; or High school diploma; and 2 years of relevant work experience. (Proof of highest degree earned will be required upon hire)
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency which includes Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Access, with an emphasis on database management.
- Ability to multi-task while paying close attention to detail;
- Valid driver’s license with no more than 3 points
- ServSafe Certified (preferred); Ability to obtain certification within 30-days of employment.
- Completion of background check, Tb test, and pre-employment drug screen.
- Desire to be part of a large nonprofit whose mission is to "combat hunger and create opportunity";
******* Cover letter and resume must be in one document as the system will only allow one upload***********
As a condition of employment, DC Central Kitchen reserves the right to conduct a background check, including criminal records. The existence of a criminal record may or may not disqualify an applicant for employment depending on other facts and circumstances, including but not limited to, the nature of the offense, whether a conviction or forfeiture of collateral was involved, and the tasks and obligations associated with the position subject to the employment application .
DC CENTRAL KITCHEN - 14 months ago