Arapahoe House is currently seeking an Outreach Van Driver to join our Detox Services team.
This full-time position will work a shift schedule based on business and/or client needs at our Commerce City facility. Provides transportation of Arapahoe House clients and assists at facility. Excellent customer service and public relations interactions with community partners are required in additioin to c linical responsibilities. Great entry level position into the field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responding to requests from contracted and approved agencies outside of Arapahoe House for transportation of individuals to our detox units.
- Transporting admitted clients to hospitals, aftercare or other approved services as directed by the Shift Supervisor.
- Monitoring and caring for persons being transported.
- Maintains acceptable attendance and punctuality and is consistently at work and on-time.
- Assisting in maintaining Outreach vans.
- Performs Counselor Trainee duties when not transporting clients, including admission/discharge processes and taking vital signs.
- De-escalating clients in crisis situations in order to facilitate and promote entry into a detoxification facility.
- Maintaining mobile telephone contact with base facility and maintaining legible written records of activities.
- Professionally interfacing with referral sources to help insure clients are referred appropriately and to maintain good relationships with referral sources.
- Assessing clients as to alcohol/drug intoxication, general physical and mental health, level of motivation and other pertinent factors and transports to appropriate facility.
- Transports to detox only those persons who appear appropriate for non-medical detox.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- High school diploma/equivalent, a minimum of six months prior experience in a helping profession.
Certificates and Licenses:
- CPR/First Aid Certification (must achieve within 90 days of hire)
- Ability to drive at night and in all types of weather.
- Valid Colorado Driver's License required.
- Required to submit Motor Vehicle Report at time of hire and annually.
- Registration in the State of Colorado DORA database within 90 days of hire as one of the following approved Addiction Counselor designations: Unlicensed Psychotherapist, Certified Addiction Counselor, or mental health licensure (LAC, LPC, LMFT, LSW or LCSW).
- Ability to read and interpret common reports and documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write clinical notes and summaries in prescribed style and format.
- Ability to communicate in both Spanish and English is preferred.
- Basic mathematical skills - ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook.
- Familiarity with Electronic Health Records is preferred.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the individual is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions during loading and unloading passengers as well as driving in all weather and light conditions.
- Arapahoe House is a tobacco-free environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The individual must have the ability to repeatedly administer blood pressure assessments and inflate blood pressure cuffs.
- The individual must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the individual is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The individual is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The individual is frequently required to sit while driving.
- The individual is occasionally required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
Arapahoe House strongly supports internal growth and promotion opportunities.
Arapahoe House is an equal opportunity employer.
Arapahoe House - 21 months ago