The Outreach and Marketing Specialist for the College of Public and Community Service is responsible for designing and implementing a community outreach strategy to inform the public about the college and CPCS graduate opportunities available in human services, community develop and other community and public service related professions. The Outreach and Marketing Specialist will also: develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and recruiting plan to deliver results in student enrollment, including defining target groups, specific strategies, outcomes and measurements; develop and implement, manage and analyze outreach plans to enhance the reputation of the college; develop, manage and analyze CPCS websites and online initiatives and make adjustments as necessary; advise the Dean in the development and maintenance of the CPCS advisory board, which will advise the Dean regarding potential community partners, workforce needs, events and opportunities, to support the college; represent the college at campus and community events and activities suitable for the dissemination of information about the college; conduct presentations to civic organizations and non-profit and public service agencies about the college; work with the university Communications Office, Creative Services and Marketing Department and other appropriate departments and offices to develop marketing materials for the college; and other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five – seven years of experience in academic marketing and community outreach is required. Experience in creating and maintaining creative, clear, easy-to-navigate, informative, compelling, well-designed and highly functional websites and web applications is required. Advanced technical skills in applications for web production, image handling, publishing and design, illustration, social media, presentation preparation, web interaction and other state-of-the-art web communication capabilities required. Experience working with the leadership of non-profit community-based agencies, public service agencies, media, community foundations and other funding sources is preferred. The incumbent will be required to travel, including some required nights and weekends for events.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other administrative software;
• Ability to gain a comprehensive understanding of the priorities and articulate the mission of the College of Public and Community Service;
• Ability to plan, track and measure outcomes of web and social media campaigns;
• Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with administration, faculty, students, staff and external constituencies;
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment;
• Ability to take initiative and make progress amidst competing priorities;
• Strong public speaking skills, with the ability in and experience with delivering presentations to a variety of audiences;
• Strong analytical and research skills;
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Strong commitment to customer service.
UMass Boston is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, Title IX Employer. Among the procedures which may be used to select personnel to fill vacant positions are review of work experience, reference checks, and interviews. All appointments and promotions will be effective on a Sunday.
University of Massachusetts Boston - 20 months ago