Overview Advent Electric was incorporated in 1978 as a Rep Firm to sell industrial process heat systems and controls. Over time, customers need for automation became apparent and the company broadened its product lines to accommodate them. Due to Advent's experiences in process heating, it quickly realized that hardware alone did not complete the solution. Advent also sought out people experienced with the application of these products. Advent has attracted and continues to retain some of the best technical talent in the industry, enabling the firm to provide complete customer solutions. Over the years Advent's expertise has expanded to include, MMI, SCADA Software, Industrial PC-Control Based software products and Motion Control.
Advent's ability to provide a comprehensive Solution from Sensors, Logic Platforms, Intelligent I/O Systems and Engineered Solutions has enabled its customers to make one call for all of their system requirements.
OVERVIEW It is Advent Electric's intent to grow its business by understanding the needs of the customer and to provide a competitively priced solution with the technical support required for the proper application of the products.
Position Description: Outside Automation Sales The Outside Automation Sales person is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships at assigned accounts and developing relationships at new accounts including identifying and qualifying new opportunities within these assigned and new accounts. The successful individual will report to management on the progress of these opportunities and sales calls. The development of the account sales strategies and their proper execution is critical.
1. Ability to aid in the development of the account strategy within the assigned accounts and communicate needs to be successful to the management.
2. Establishing executive level relationships with the customer base and understands customer needs.
3. Coordinates and communicates any outside resources needed at the account.
4. Maintains accurate assessment of target and opportunity funnel within the Customer Relationship Management system.
5. Provides application knowledge and industry expertise to the customer.
6. Qualifies customer opportunities.
7. Brings the right resources to the table to impact the customers decision process and presents solutions to the customer.
Requirements Current or previous sales experience in an industrial automation setting. Hunter mentality. Background in engineering is helpful, but not required. Strong technology orientation--selling hardware/software combinations ideally. Bachelor's degree is desired, but not required if appropriate experience is present. Honesty and confidence. Ability to manage time in territory in an independent way. Additional Information Compensation plan includes a base salary of between $50k and $60k, based on experience and previous earnings, plus a well-defined commission plan.
Medical benefits are provided for employee only.
Positive working environment, strong customer orientation, excellent products, services and people.
The Sales Zone - 20 months ago
The Sales Zone was founded in March of 2000. Since that time, we have remained committed to finding customer-facing talent in the areas of...