Outside Property Adjuster
Job ID # : 5289 Location: Reston, VA
Functional Area : Claims SBU: 85100 - Risk Management Claims
Position Type : Full - Time
Education Required : High School Diploma
Experience Required : 3 - 5 Years
Relocation Provided : No
Delivering on promises for over 160 years!”
Hanover Insurance is a winning company comprised of outstanding professionals focused on a single vision: to be the very best in our business. At The Hanover you will have the opportunity to: Grow Your Career, Love What You Do and Be Valued for Your Contributions.
Apply today and discover:
- Why, in 2010 and 2011, we were recognized by The Boston Globe as a “Top Places to Work” and by Business Insurance as a “Best Places to Work”.
- How we continue to grow stronger through acquisitions, increased product offerings and unparalleled credit rating agency upgrades in the industry.
- How we build unique relationships with our Employees, Agent Partners and Customers.
what it’s like to work for the best insurance company in the industry!!
The Hanover Insurance Group is seeking an Outside (Field) Property Adjuster in the Fairfax, VA area.
Outside property adjusters handle property claims requiring field investigations and/or inspections. They must establish rapport with our insureds and maintain relationships with our agents, underwriters, contractors, restoration vendors, and experts. They are expected to know their territory, including the geography; regulations and the law as pertains to property claims; state and local public safety and regulatory agencies and officials; the insurance and legal climate; and public adjusters. Outside property adjusters may use a company claims office location as their base of operations, or they may work out of their homes.
- The ideal candidate will reside in the Fairfax, VA area and cover the Alexandria/Springfield/Washington DC, Baltimore, and Herndon/Ashburn areas
- Must have or secure and maintain appropriate states adjuster license(s) and continuing education credits. Must have valid driver’s license.
- Handle personal property claims requiring outside field investigations and/or inspections.
- May use a company claims office location as their base operations, or they may work out of their homes.
- Handle business interruption (BI) features in conjunction with BI specialists.
- Works within specific limits and authority on assignments of moderate technical complexity.
- Possesses functional knowledge and skills reflective of fully competent practitioner.
- Identifies possibly suspicious claims
- Investigates, analyzes, evaluates and negotiates personal claims of minimal to moderate complexity. May handle low complexity commercial claims.
- May be responsible for all aspects of each claim, including informal hearings, arbitrations, and claims litigation and maintaining a high level of productivity, confidentiality and customer service.
- Implement and coordinate the most effective management techniques to mitigate loss and expense payments.
- Settlement and reserving authority levels are moderate
- Required to have and maintain sufficient home-based internet connection.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience handling property claims
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Makes decisions in an informed, confident and timely manner
- Maintains constructive working relationships despite differing perspectives
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups. Demonstrates ability to win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Promotes and facilitates free and open communication.
- Understanding of applicable statutes, regulations and case law
- Thinks critically and anticipates, recognizes, identifies and develops solutions to problems in a timely manner.
- Easily adapts to new or different changing situations, requirements or priorities.
- Cultivates an environment of teamwork and collaboration
- Operates with latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
- Computer experience (MS Office, excel, word, etc)
- Proficient using Claims systems (i.e. CSS, PMS, etc.)
Physical demands & work environment:
- Ability to use a personal computer and other standard office equipment
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle 4-5 hours per day and to get in and out of the vehicle numerous times during the day
- Ability to load and unload equipment and supplies weighing up to 30 pounds from a motor vehicle as needed to perform field work
- Ability to bend, walk, and climb for several consecutive hours while inspecting damaged buildings, often with utilities turned off or inoperable
- Ability to use a ladder safely to get onto and off of roofs, and maintain balance while inspecting roofs
- Ability to perform field work in adverse weather
Benefits To Joining The Hanover Team :
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Retirement/401(k) Program
- Beneficiary and Ability Assist Programs
- Travel Assistance Program
- Adoption Benefit
- Wellness Programs
- Matching Education Gifts Plan
- Employee Development/Education Assistance and Professional/Industry Designation Programs
- Generous "Time Off With Pay"
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE: THG), based in Worcester, Mass., is the holding company for a group of insurers that includes The Hanover Insurance Company, also based in Worcester, Citizens Insurance Company of America, headquartered in Howell, Michigan, Chaucer Holdings PLC, based in London and their affiliates.
The Hanover offers a wide range of property and casualty products and services to businesses, individuals, and families through a select group of independent agents across the U.S., and has been meeting its obligations to its agent partners and their customers for nearly 160 years. The company is ranked among the top 25 property and casualty insurers in the country and maintains excellent ratings from A.M. Best, Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s.
The Hanover Insurance Group provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. The Company is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve their full potential in the workplace.
The Hanover Insurance Group does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Hanover Insurance Group will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "Employment Agency Agreement" already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management.
The Hanover Insurance Group - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard -