Ranked as one of the top four best private companies for leaders by Chief Executive Magazine, Briggs Equipment is a global leader in industrial equipment distribution, specifically in the materials handling equipment arena or MHE. We offer a complete line of Class I, II, III, IV and V electric and internal combustion forklift equipment manufactured by the NACCO Materials Handling Group (NMHG). You may recognize our brands, depending on the region, as Yale and Hyster. We also distribute other allied equipment such as scissor lifts, trailer spotters, port equipment, pallet racking, conveyors, dock equipment and railcar movers. BE Fleet is our suite of technology and fleet management solutions marketed to multi-site, mixed-brand fleet users to enhance visibility and contain costs associated with maintenance.
Our target customers vary quite a bit, but all of them have one thing in common: they move material, and generally have an inventory-centric component to their business.
The Opportunity: Reporting directly to the area Sales Manager, Briggs Equipment has an excellent career opportunity for an Outside Sales Representative who will have the responsibility to find, penetrate, design, present solutions, and close deals for the products and services we offer.
- Meet or exceed assigned market share and profitability objectives
- Develop and implement a vigorous prospecting plan to find sales opportunities
- Sell to new and existing customers within assigned accounts and / or geography
- Identify, meet and develop rapport with those persons within target-companies who influence capital equipment purchasing decisions
- Develop and present industrial business solutions that align the company’s products with identified needs
- Follow up with customers to ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintain detailed account profiles and prepare sales reports as required
- Continuously maintain product and industry knowledge and interpersonal skills
- Collaborate and lead-share with other Briggs employees and entities
- Attend and participate at company-sponsored events and trade shows
- Understanding of selling processes and Entrepreneurship concepts
- A track record of continual learning and community involvement
- Ability to assess industrial needs, develop solutions and clearly present value propositions
- Professional appearance
- Soft skills: interpersonal, networking, social, rapport building, time-management
- Ideally, a knowledge of warehousing operations and process flows:
- Understanding of financial merchandizing and the capital equipment buying process
- Demonstratable successes in designing, quoting, closing and project-managing the sales and installation of pallet racking, shelving, conveyor, mezzanine, dock equipment, and other allied equipment
- Shipping and receiving, put-away, order picking, replenishment, facilities management, throughput, cycle counting, transportation and logistics
- Supply and demand chain management fundamentals such as inbound raw material flow and outbound distribution, dock operations, air/ocean/land port operations
- Clean criminal record
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline
- Experience (coursework or practical): calculations: time-distance analysis, ROI, TVM, buy vs. lease, inventory turns; process flows; layout or drafting; salesmanship; IT savy
- Out of town travel: less than 25%
- In-office time will be generally limited to early-morning and late-afternoon, with the majority of time being out in the field performing direct selling activities in front of prospective customers
- Briggs Equipment has entrepreneurial culture, meaning you find getting on-boarded is rather intuitive, you handle internal change with little hand-holding, and you are a person who does not need internal coaches and teachers to up-skill you on product, process and systems, and you tend to figure these things out on your own, but if provided you utilize teachers to your benefit
The business at Briggs Equipment is picking up. The company is the largest distributor of NACCO's Yale-brand forklifts. It supplies...