SUMMARY: Outside Sales
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contacts potential customers with the goal of generating business.
- This position requires a minimum of 80% travel. Frequent travel to customer locations and trade shows.
- Compensation will be a combination of base salary and commission.
- Works independently to pursue new customers and to develop support programs for aircraft fleet operators.
- Must have the ability to make independent judgment calls when needed to close the sale. Will make decisions applicable to large volume customers, which has a bottom line impact on the company.
- Responds to inquiries and follows up with potential customers. Utilizes appropriate sales techniques to clearly differentiate our products.
- Must be able to handle a large volume of inquiries in a professional manner.
- Responds to RFQs with detailed quotations by telephone, e-mail or fax. Generates written correspondence and price quotations. Provides appropriate data and related product information.
- Must be able to succinctly communicate with the customer. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prepares proposals, contracts and order forms.
- Communicates with customers during each phase of the sales process. Provides special information on prices, completion times and specific product information.
- Prioritizes orders for the Production Dept based on customer demand.
- Coordinates the build and stocking levels of high volume products.
- Assists in developing marketing and advertising campaigns and ad design.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and seven years of related aviation engine, maintenance and/or sales experience; or FAA private pilot certificate, FAA Airframe & Powerplant certificate or Bachelor's degree in business or aviation related field and five years of related aviation/sales experience.
Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint
Continental Motors, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
Continental Motors, Inc. is a leading designer, developer, and manufacturer of new and rebuilt piston engines, ignition systems, and spare...