Field is a full-service, data-driven, on-demand engineering partner with a unique, technical approach to inventory management and supply chain solutions for fasteners and other Class “C” items. Field is the best in the industry at lowering our customers’ total cost of fastening. We don’t just say that, we contractually guarantee it.
When manufacturers partner with Field, they’re partnering with experts who will enable their organization to run more efficiently and more profitably. Our fastening expertise is not tied up with one or two engineers; it’s pervasive throughout the organization, which is why training our team is so important. From our owners, to outside sales, to VMI technicians, to account managers, to the actual engineering group, no one knows more about fastening than Field. We’re quite proud of the fact that Field’s technical approach to fastening and empowered team of experts have yielded 19% year-on-year growth since 1990.
This position will be responsible to maintain and increase sales to current customers, as well as cultivate and secure new business. The candidate will be someone who easily builds rapport and credibility, asks a lot of questions, and sells based on the Field value proposition.
• Learn about business issues from customers.
• Provide insight and resolution to technical problems to lower costs for customers.
• Prioritize time based on ROI
• Maintain and grow existing customer base, while building networks to create and foster new opportunities for revenue growth.
• Work independently, and manage a long, complex selling cycle (6-12 months)
• Communicate technical problems and opportunities to all levels of an organization
• Travel to customers and contacts in the designated region of the United States or other areas as needed which may require overnight stays.
• Develop pricing quotations based on marketing conditions and profit expectations.
• Excel in a team environment
• Develop, manage customer relationships and always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to represent FIELD in a positive manner.
• Maintain ongoing awareness of the competitive environment, and other research regarding market conditions.
• Commit to FIELD’s Mission Statement and Core Values.
Work Experience Requirements:
• 5 years or more Industrial Sales experience or post-college work experience in a business setting.
• Proven track record of results.
Technical Skills or other Requirements:
• Mechanical aptitudes consistent with the ability to communicate technical problems and opportunities to all levels of an organization.
• Ability to sell at all levels of the organizations.
• Project management skills- follow through the cycle of identifying opportunities, evaluating options and presenting alternatives and solutions.
• Ability and desire to work in a team environment and utilize the team in the selling process.
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
• Polite and professional manner.
• Strong time management skills and detail orientation.
• Highly motivated, well organized.
• Strong work ethic consistent with requirements of a successful outside sales person
• Valid driver’s license.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or a related field required.
Field Fastener Supply Company - 15 months ago
Field is a full service, technically competent, global provider of inventory management and complete supply chain solutions for fasteners...