Know the customer base, product offerings and sell FleetPride products at designated price levels in support of annual EBIT and sales growth goals. Present a professional image, a customer service focus, and develop relationships with existing customers and prospects to expand FleetPride’s market share within the territory. Work requires substantial knowledge of items sold.
1. Develop a thorough understanding of the customer base in the territory, including: current product offerings, FleetPride penetration, product substitutions, and competition.
2. Achieve monthly and annual sales and gross margin objectives for the territory.
3. Provide customers with product samples and catalogs.
4. Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, and product features.
5. Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders.
6. Recommend products to customers, based on customers’ needs and interests.
7. Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties and delivery dates.
8. Determine needed parts for customers and suggest related sale of parts or services for full service.
9. Know your customers, what products they want and what their service expectations are. Find out what products FleetPride offers that they are not buying. Communicate frequently with branch personnel to address areas of opportunity or improvement.
10. Research market in regards to competition: who are they, what they sell, at what price, and where they sell it.
11. Penetrate and expand current market through the introduction of new products and services to new and existing customers.
12. Ensure knowledge is up to date on catalogs, price sheets, bulletin changes, additions and deletions each month in order to recommend substitutions or exchanges when necessary and appropriate.
13. Each month review sales and vendor reports and discuss growth opportunities with supervisor.
14. Each month review customer payment obligations and develop a list of over due accounts. Develop a plan with supervisor to ensure collection.
15. Develop sales reports each month to include: call reports, customer status, information on competition, new products/services introduced, pricing issues.
16. Each week in conjunction with supervisor develop a call list to include existing accounts and 5 new accounts.
17. Ensure top 10 customers are called upon every 2 months.
18. Consult with clients after sales or contract signings in order to resolve problems and provide ongoing support.
19. Ensure customer issues/problems are resolved within 24 hours.
20. Be responsive to customer needs and make sure customer expectations are fulfilled.
21. Complete all necessary paperwork to ensure credits and warranty issues are resolved quickly.
22. Enhance professional skills through sales and product training. Find a mentor to help in skills development.
23. Prepare and submit call reports and expense reports weekly.
OSHA approved steel toed safety shoes required from the first day of this job.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Over 2 years, up to and including 4 years experience in sales; sales of automotive parts preferred.
- Valid drivers’ license with clean driving record.
FleetPride - 13 months ago
For FleetPride, bigger is better. The company is one of the largest independent distributors of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in the...