Marking Services, the Global Leader in Mechanical identification and valve tagging devices, is expanding! Due to growth we are realigning our territories and creating a new Outside Sales Representative position for our new East Region. This position will be responsible for business development in the states of: Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and West Virginia with the ideal candidate based in the greater Philadelphia area.
The Sales Representative is responsible for soliciting new and repeat business, within established territory, on behalf of MSI to ensure the achievement of established profit and sales goals. Identifies and may assist in investigating and developing new products, product uses and/or applications.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Plans and executes sales activities which support company sales objectives and develops new opportunities within established territory for growth. Participates in developing individual sales forecasts and goals.
- Familiarize and demonstrate to customer’s new products (services) and developments, continually emphasizing our value proposition.
- Coordinate and assist the technical staff to determine customers' needs and preparation of samples as needed. Assist as needed in the development of new or special products.
- Prepare and deliver formal presentations to customers on proposed products. Attend and assist with preparations for trade shows.
- Ensures that all commitments and obligations for the client are met and/or exceeded throughout the project/order and provides ongoing support. Partners with customer as a trusted advisor by establishing, maintaining and growing a long term business relationship.
- Gather project information; prepare sales quotations, terms of sales, delivery dates, etc., to ensure accurate processing of order. Ensure that all sales proposals are completed and delivered to the customer.
- Serves as a team leader to ensure the Inside Sales team is effectively managing and completing sales activities within established timelines. Provides project details and guidance to inside team for order processing thru delivery.
- Investigate customer complaints regarding non-conforming or unacceptable products and recommend corrective action.
- Keep the company informed on competitive products, promotional matters, sales techniques, pricing, and market changes.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports on activities, sales volume, expenses, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or Marketing or related field of study
- Not less than 5 years progressive experience in business to business sales
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Must be self-directed; able to manage time and projects independently
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Constantly networking to build relationships and sales opportunities
- Effective presentation skills, negotiation skills and ability to influence customers decisions
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; both verbal and written
- Exhibits exceptional organizational skills, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Consistently accepts responsibility and meets deadlines, ability to achieve results when confronted with obstacles.
For more than 25 years, MSI has enjoyed tremendous growth. Today, our employees around the world continue to enable the company’s...