An Outside Sales Representative for Womack develops new prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales. An individual in this position will be expected to profitably grow sales to achieve yearly sales goals for current core customers and emerging customers and markets. In addition this position is responsible for prospecting for new accounts, retaining existing accounts, and increasing opportunities with existing customers.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Provide professional image, courtesy and communication with customers.
- Generate new business by gaining knowledge of new projects, customer or bid opportunities with targeted segments.
- Build relationships with electrical contractors.
- Develop and execute strategies for gaining new business and increasing business with existing customers by documenting and then presenting how Womack can add value to the business by becoming their primary supplier.
- Conduct on-site customer visits with new and existing customers.
- Manage sales volume with an existing group of customers and prospect successfully to expand the customer base.
- Forecast, prospect, and bid for new business to include customers, markets, and additional service opportunities.
- Maintain existing and build new customer partnerships. Develop and sustain sales relationships with key decision makers and influencers on all levels of an organization.
- Share market and competitor information with all applicable channels within the organization; establish relationships and working partnerships.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- Identify customer product needs and coordinate fulfillment of orders as needed.
- May conduct negotiations with suppliers, vendors and manufacturers.
- May assist in training or mentoring of associates.
- Develop Commitment objective with customers.
- Support branch sales, operations, and business development operations.
- Perform aspects of selling to maintain and develop new or existing customers including: application support, specification review, take-offs, project quotations, closing orders, preparation of submittals and resolving customer problems.
- Three to four years of experience in sales is preferred.
- Two to five years of experience in outside sales is preferred.
- Two to five years of experience in Electrical Sales is preferred.
- Point of sales (POS) system or consultative selling or solution selling experience.
- Knowledge of product line.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
Nature & Scope
- Demonstrates skill in problem solving by researching missing or incomplete information
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Nature of work requires independence; receives guidance only on complex problems or issues.
- May provide general guidance or direction to support personnel or other professional personnel.
- Strong sales and negotiation skills.
- Strong industry and market knowledge.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter with excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong multi-tasking capability.
- PC proficiency in Microsoft Applications.
- Occasionally requires overnight travel less than 20% of the time.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes.
- Ability to make repetitive movements including, but not limited to, using a 10-key or calculator, bending or squatting.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with some exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes which cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
Womack Electric Supply is a family owned, independent electrical distributor. We have been operating for 75 years and have 18 branch...