College degree with a minimum of 3-5+ years sales experience or equivalent with a proven record of significant accomplishments. Some travel required.
Toshiba International’s Industrial Division is a world leader in the design and manufacture of motors, motor controls and power electronics products. Many of these products are designed, built and tested in our 1,000,000 square foot state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Houston. We have developed a totally integrated manufacturing process from research and development, design, engineering, production and manufacturing to after-market service and support. At the heart of this process is our unrelenting belief in quality and reliability. We build products to perform in the most difficult conditions. From raw material to the finished product, we assure exacting quality, engineering excellence and stringent testing to meet domestic and international performance standards. These high standards result in long-lasting, highly reliable products. This standard of quality and reliability stems from our dedication to delight our customers. We work to meet and exceed customer expectations by providing superior products and services.
The Outside Sales representative is responsible for servicing specific accounts, types of accounts, and/or a specific geographical area for Toshiba as specified by the Director of OEM Sales. The individual contributor will generate new and/or continued product sales and possess a level of competence necessary to comprehend and communicate technical aspects of the products and customer specifications.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Selecting and addition of OEM channels within assigned area;
- Conducting training in assigned area for customers and potential customers;
- Maintaining a level of technical understanding to be regarded as a competent trainer and problem solver;
- Coordinating field training within assigned area utilizing factory personnel where appropriate;
- Conducting sales calls with OEM clientsutors to assist in the increase of TIC business and OEM utor sales competence;
- Providing current customers with competent service in all areas of sales support, before and after order entry;
- Attending conventions, exhibits, and meetings in order to stay abreast of industry trends and products;
- Maximizing time in front of current and potential customers and buying influences;
- Meeting, or exceeding, sales targets assigned by the Director of OEM Sales in the Core Products area to include the overall growth of Toshiba products; and
- Providing input data and supporting information to the Director of OEM Sales on the monthly and annual sales forecast as requested by the director.
Toshiba America, Inc. (TAI) is the spitting image of its old man. The holding company, a subsidiary of high-tech titan Toshiba, handles...