Overnight Front Desk Manager
Oversee the functions of the Front Office and Front Office staff while providing a personal and courteous check in and check out for the guest. Develop, train, coach and lead staff to ensure optimum financial success, cleanliness, and superior customer service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
o Late charges
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Motivates team members and establishes a productive working environment at the hotel.
- Review the daily business levels, anticipate critical situations (walks) and plan effective solutions to best expedite these situations.
- Coordinate breaks and assign work duties for staff.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting with staff and review all information pertinent to the day's business.
- Constantly monitor staff performance in all phases of service and job functions; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Monitor the hotel front entrance and resolve any congested situations.
- Monitor the check-in/check-out process; anticipate critical situations and assist wherever necessary to help alleviate the pressure and to process the guest expediently.
- Monitor communication logs/emails and ensure that guest requests are followed up within specified minutes determined by property guidelines.
- Monitor the staffs' interaction with guests, ensuring prompt and courteous service; resolve discrepancies with respective personnel.
- Assist staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Assist guests with reports of lost/stolen articles, following hotel policy.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
- Ensure security of guest room access.
- Monitor and ensure that all cashiering procedures comply with Accounting policies and standards:
o Petty cash/paid outs
o Posting charges
- Analyzes reports and communicates information to staff and appropriate departments
- Knowledgeable of hotel property, amenities and area attractions.
- Maintains correct procedures for hotel accounting, credit control and handling of financial transactions.
- Maintains procedures for guest security and emergency procedures.
- Strives to increase the level of guest satisfaction through associate development and quality image.
- Responds quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner, taking the appropriate action to resolve matters. Follow up to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Must communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Must be able to prioritize and delegate work as needed.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, associates and other departments.
- Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system, including any maintenance requirements and report generation.
- Ensure that pre-shifts and handover report (email) are done per department guidelines.
- Make certain that the Daily Information sheet is filled out correctly and distributed to all employees.
- Ensure all reports are printed daily and distributed to their respective departments.
- Ensure that associates are at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other associates.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hcareers.com - 2 years ago