The Overnight Youth Care Specialist must remain alert and vigilant throughout the tour of duty in order to patrol assigned area to protect persons and property. This position reports to the Overnight Youth Care Specialist Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Checks with the Overnight Youth Care Specialist Supervisor and the Cottage Life Supervisors for instructions and a complete walk through/med count when coming on duty.
- Remains awake and alert at all times in order to observe and monitor the residents and immediate area; provides a tranquil, safe, secure environment.
- Takes a resident visual head count every at least twice an hour, or more as needed.
- Prevents residents from leaving the building or the grounds without authorization.
- Tours buildings and company property when assigned to do so and inspects premises for irregularities.
- Responds to alarms and investigates disturbances.
- Contacts and reports any unusual or irregular activities to the Overnight Youth Care Specialist Supervisor or Director of Cottage Life.
- Reports the presence of unauthorized persons to the Overnight Youth Care Specialist Supervisor.
- Alerts the Overnight Youth Care Specialist Supervisor on duty when a patient becomes ill or is in a state of distress.
- Help keep the cottages clean, including helping with laundry, and other light cleaning.
- Any other duties as assigned for the betterment of Great Circle.
- Preferably a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Some experience as a security guard or night watchman.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Physically able to restrain patients who need external controls.
- Physically able to pass a test in which the individual must complete a walking exercise, including climbing steps.
- Possess a current, valid driver's license and meet the Great Circle requirements for driver's insurance.