- Acquire an in-depth knowledge of all trade processing roles, with the ability to execute most duties associated with these roles. Provide assistance on complex tasks on a daily basis.
- Provide training to future analysts and clerks. Train existing personnel in learning new processes.
- Act as backup for more complex functions of group. Actively participate in resolution of complex problems or those requiring urgent action.
- Interface externally with vendors, counterparties and custodians on behalf of business units. Interface internally with business units to investigate and resolve client related issues.
- Assist management in monitoring business and regulatory environment and help adjust group functions to meet new requirements. Recommend and assist in the implementation of improvements in workflow processes.
- Participate in projects as defined by management.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Series 7 and 63 required or working towards completion
- Experience (2+ years) in brokerage firm operations preferred
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Effectively prioritize time and manage multiple tasks as issues arise.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a desire to work in a team environment.
- Customer service orientation, responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Broadridge, DTC, ACT/OCS desirable. Experience with any of the following a real plus: Fidessa, Bloomberg, TRACE, MSRB RTRS.
- Solution focused and detail oriented.
- Positive attitude and demonstrates initiative and persistence.