The PAL (Police Athletic League) program seeks a Site Supervisor for its after school program.
Will work with children (ages 5-13) in an after-school and summer camp setting. Children follow a schedule of activities which may include, but are not limited to, arts and crafts, athletic and sports-related events, music, games, storytelling, and life skills. Site Supervisor coordinates maximum utilization and supervision of counselors; leads groups through daily activities; assists in requisitioning necessary operating materials with approval of supervisor; maintains attendance records and permission slips; assumes on-site responsibility; handles parental concerns and complaints; implements daily activities for participants; evaluates performance and work habits of counselors; performs other duties as assigned.
Will develop and maintain positive parent/guardian relations, implement discipline techniques and classroom management. Additional responsibilities may include assisting a Recreation Assistant in the daily operation of the Eppes Recreation Center.
• must be at least 18 years old by May 1, 2014;
• previous related experience (paid or volunteer), such as in a school, camp, daycare, or recreational setting;
• valid CPR and first aid certifications prior to employment;
• valid NC driver's license and satisfactory driving record;
• ability to work in a team environment;
• ability to train, supervise, and motivate counselors;
• ability to help maintain a quality recreation program;
• ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions;
• ability to express maturity in thought and work habits;
• ability to promote good conduct and act as a role model for participants;
• ability to maintain effective and courteous working relationships with students, their parents, other employees, community organization partners, and the general public;
• ability to understand and abide by Greenville Police Department policies and procedures.
• must be able and available to work 15-20 hours per week between the hours of 1:00pm-6:30pm, Monday - Friday for the after-school program and 8:00 am to 4:00 pm during the summer camp program
College graduate with some supervisory experience preferred.
This is a designated part time position and limited benefits are available after the initial 6 month evaluation period.