PARK AIDE (PART TIME)
(Parks & Natural Resources)
THIS POSITION WILL BE FILLED BY A-Z STAFFING
Must have the physical, developmental and mental ability to perform job tasks, work efforts, responsibilities and duties of the job illustrated below:
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
- Physical maintenance work in and around buildings, concession stands, pavilions and sports fields playing areas to include maintenance of clay areas on baseball and softball fields as needed.
- Cleans toilets, urinals and fixtures in park restrooms as directed.
- Maintains stock levels as required.
- Reports facility repairs and safety issues to manager as required.
- Monitors and empties trash containers in and around restrooms and park areas as required.
- Operational control of field lighting systems to include turning on and off according to league play schedules.
- Opens and secures park facilities as needed to include locking buildings and gates.
- Performs basic clerical functions: answer phones, take messages, make copies, and file paperwork.
- Maintains records of work performed using Hansen CMMS or equivalent computer based management system.
- Assists with setup, support and tear down of special events and programs.
- Assists public information concerning scheduling and rental of the building.
- Assists with coverage of the building during rentals and programming.
- Performs basic janitorial tasks: sweeping, mopping, garbage disposal, restroom cleaning.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Ability to see, ambulate independently, bend, stoop, sit, and stand.
- Ability to lift, pull and/or push up to forty five (45) pounds.
- Ability to perform physical, laboring tasks.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to perform a variety of manual work.
- Ability to learn the proper use and storage of cleaning chemicals and maintenance equipment.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to perform duties in all weather conditions such as rain, cold, (below 40 degrees) and heat, (above 90 degrees).
- Must have good communication skills, and be able to communicate with citizens and league personnel in a courteous and professional manner. This will include enforcement of park rules and policies, receiving and handling customer complaints and checking for proper license and credentials of league officials and coaches when required.
- No experience required.
- Must be able to secure a valid Florida driver's license at the time of employment in this classification.
- Must have a home phone at time of employment and maintain during term of employment.
- Bilingual Spanish/English proficiency.
- Knowledge of sports fields operation, rules and maintenance activities.
JOB LOCATION : Parks & Natural Resources , Bartow, FL
WORK SCHEDULE: 3:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m., Monday through Sunday
HIRING RATE : $10.00 Hourly
Interested applicants and employees should apply by creating an application profile as detailed below. Apply no later than the closing date indicated above. Posting may close at any time without notice.
APPLICATIONS MAY ONLY BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY ON THIS WEBSITE.
POLK COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS, HUMAN RESOURCES (863) 534-6030
POLK COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. IT IS OUR POLICY TO PROVIDE EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL QUALIFIED PERSONS, REGARDLESS OF RACE, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER CATEGORY PROTECTED BY LAW.