State Registered Nursing Assistant
- Job Summary
- The Patient Care Technician provides patient care under the direction of licensed staff and within the scope of defined practice. Demonstrates a commitment to accountability and growth to maintain and expand knowledge and skills. Serves as a liaison between other departments ensuring communication and accurate records are available. Adheres to practice in accordance with the Ephraim McDowell Health nursing professional practice model. Performance that accomplishes patient and family centered care as central to practice and a foundation of caring, compassion, competence, communication, collaboration and teamwork. Responsible to participate in shared nursing leadership to accomplish positive outcomes, education, respect, dignity, and safety. Exhibits the F.I.R.S.T. values (Friendliness, Innovation, Respect, Service, and Trust).
- Working Conditions, Hazards and Physical Effort
- Works in a well lighted, ventilated and air conditioned area. Often exposed to unpleasant odors, sights, and sounds. Long periods of standing, walking, stooping, heavy lifting and bending are required. Risks exposure to disease, infection and physical strain, and assault. Risks exposure to blood, body fluids, tissue, radiation and anti-neoplastic agents. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. independently. May work all shifts, some weekends and overtime.
- Minimum Qualifications or Equivalents
- Education: High school diploma or G.E.D. required. Certification and/or eligible nursing assistant course and exam given by KY Tech or another state which is accepted by the Kentucky Nurse Aide Registry are required. CEUâ€™s will be assigned for education as necessary by the Nursing Director.
- Experience: One-year experience preferred. Nursing home experience preferred.
- EQUIPMENT USED/SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED: Must have computer skills.
- Essential Skills Required: Use of cardiac monitors to accurately measure vital signs for post cardiac interventions and post vascular cases or surgery.
- Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations
- Registration - KY Nurse Aide Registry; Basic Life Support certification (successful completion within three  months of employment). CNA Certification required.