ork among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our advanced administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. We value the leadership, vision and dedication of our administrative employees that helps make our hospital successful. Become part of a team committed to success. We offer very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Patient Navigator in our Cancer Center.
- Demonstrates ability to provide care/service safely and efficiently for each patient.
- Educates patients and compiles necessary information for complex appointments.
- Communicates as needed with appropriate disciplines to ensure scheduled tests, diagnostic procedures, follow up care and appointments are coordinated.
- Maintains accurate and current knowledge base of trends, issues, research finding and local, state and national cancer related resources and services. Uses this knowledge to assist cancer patients in managing their disease and impact on daily living.
- Serves as a liaison with patients, physicians and other health care professionals involved in the provision of care for cancer patients including the CC Clinical Trials office for early screening.
- Identifies patient needs and initiates appropriate referrals to support services.
- Coordinates disease specific tumor board and appropriate follow up with patient and health care team members.
- Maintains accurate and current knowledge base of trends, issues, and research findings related to breast cancer and incorporates these new approaches into the plan of care for patients and families.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required. Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Three to five years nursing experience required.
- Clinical knowledge of nursing practice specific to oncology.
- Working knowledge of licensure/regulations for oncology nursing, and working knowledge of regulatory requirements that must be complied with, i.e., The Joint Commission, State Board of Nursing.
- Basic computer skill set for data entry and EMR usage.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 20 months ago