Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our advanced administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. We value the leadership, vision and dedication of our administrative employees that helps make our hospital successful. Become part of a team committed to success. We offer very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Patient Placement Coordinator.
· Communicates with nursing and admitting personnel to assess current bed availability.
· Works with patient, physician, and nursing staff to get patients to a hospital bed as soon as possible in order to initiate care.
· Determines if initiating patient care will be delayed and notifies appropriate staff.
· High school diploma or GED.
· KS licensure with clinical experience is preferred.
· Three years of general clerical / registration experience in a Health Care setting preferred.
· Patient placement / bed coordination experience preferred.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 10 months ago