The role of a PBX Operator is to ensure a positive first impression is made as calls that come in both by the community and employees. The Operator is a primary facilitator for communications coming into Urban Central Region Hospitals. The Operator ensures that critical calls are processed quickly and accurately. A successful Operator focuses on quality and extraordinary care as they provide correct information and or connect the caller with the proper party. The operator will take emergency calls, call emergency codes overhead and monitor codes and alarms. The Operator has the opportunity to use their valuable skills and resources through Intermountain’s PBX software programs.
Entry Rate: 9. 61
Benefits Eligible: No
Shift Details: Must be available to work days, evenings, nights as well as weekends and holidays.
- Excellent customer service and verbal and written communications skills
- Organizational skills
- Must be able to type at least 30 WPM (words per minute)
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Courteous and helpful attitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task
- Ability to work well under extremely stressful situations
- Sit for long periods of time, see, hear, comprehend
- Six or more months of telephone customer services experience
- Six or more months experience as a PBX operator
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 21 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...