Job Description:Job Summary:|
Receives incoming calls from in-house guest and from the
general public and extends connections to departments or
individuals requested. Programs wake up call service as
requested and communicates with guest on same. Pages
hotel managers and supervisors as requested. Initiates
emergency calls on all emergency situations. Reports and
follows through on repairs and other request for
procedure (Example; fire, bomb threat, guest
- Regular and Punctual Attendance
- Ability to adhere to Peabody grooming standards.
- Ability to type 30 words per minute (minimum)
- Ability to carry out all safely and emergency
department. (Example: PBX console, wake up machine,
- Ability to operate and control equipment in the
call accounting machine, fire extinguisher, two way
radios, digital and voice pagers, GAC Terminal and
anything else to provide emergency repairs and
- Ability to bend, kneel, lift, push, pull, reach and
installations for guests.
be required to meet guest telephone needs and to
- Ability to move freely throughout the hotel as my a
inspect repairs and installation.
- Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods of
in a courteous, empathetic and discrete manner.
- Ability to stand or walk on a continuous basis.
- Ability to interact with guests and other employees
the guest regarding their needs relative to the
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with
must establish high degree of customer service,
- Ability to sustain direct contact with the public;
(smile, eye contact, positive personal presentation,
etc.), and high volume interaction with guests and
listening to operate the telecommunications console
- Ability to coordinate hands, thought, speech, and
and computer terminal quickly and efficiently.
- Answers incoming calls from in-house, outside, and
- Connects calls to guest and staff.
- Records messages and type in computer system.
- Give guest messages as required
- Operate PBX Console
- Activates pagers: digital and voice.
- Activates and utilizes two-way radios in
threats, stalled elevators, illness of guest and
- Efficiency in handling emergencies, i.e. Fire, bomb
- Handles system alarm procedures.
- Provides extension and telephone numbers to guest
Executive and Department Managers.
- Knowledgeable of names and telephone numbers of
- Provides station dialing procedures as required.
- Performs and programs restrictions.
- Performs console technical procedures in day-to-day
- Names and hours of operations for outlets.
- Know names of business establishments within the
- Knows safety procedures.
- Knows telephone procedures relevant to the guest
the Service Excellence Standards within the
- Maintains a high quality of guest service based on
in the hotel to the Guest Services Department Staff.
- Communicates necessary information regarding groups
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by
Special Qualifications, Education or Licenses:
- High school education or equivalent
- Six months (minimum) experience in the
- Typing 30 words per minute
- Good Communications and language skills
- Good spelling and math skills