The PBX Operator responds to incoming calls in a timely manner and directs caller to appropriate destination providing a smooth, clear and professionally courteous communication practice.
- Answers multiple incoming telephone lines.
- Obtains necessary information and transfers calls to correct extensions.
- Provides information to callers as appropriate.
- Performs overhead paging.
- Monitors all alarms located in PBX and notifies appropriate personnel as required.
- Responds quickly and accurately to disaster and emergency situations as required, remaining calm.
- Corrects and updates posted information as needed. Assists with the maintenance of directories on-call list, etc.
- Accurately utilizes the features of the PBX consoles, headsets, telephones and other related equipment.
- Assist with maintaining cleanliness, safety and security of the PBX area.
- Maintains confidentiality, security and integrity of patient and organizational data.
- Ensures release of information is consistent with all privacy policies.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Experience in customer service position.
- Previous PBX experience is desirable.
- Ability to fluently speak and understand English.
- Previous experience in hospital setting preferred.
- Ability to perform calmly, competently and quickly in emergency situations.
- Customer service abilities.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching and some lifting.
HCA Inc - 14 months ago