Job Overview: Responsible for providing quality guest service as it pertains to answering internal and external telephone calls in a gracious and professional manner.
Reports To: Guest Service Manager/ Director of Rooms
Internal : Front Desk staff, Bell Staff, Reservations, Sales and Catering, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage, Accounting, and Maintenance.
External : Hotel guests/visitors, tour company representatives, limousine service personnel, and other hotel personnel.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and /or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
2. Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
3. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
4. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger.
5. Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks at once.
7. High school graduate.
8. Previous hotel experience.
9. Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
10. Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
1. Previous guest relations training
2. Previous experience with automated property management system
Essential Job Functions:
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, such as reaching, bending and stooping.
- Remain in stationary position for a maximum eight hours (excluding meal and rest breaks) throughout work shift.
- Ability to grasp, bend, and stoop; push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 75 lbs.; and lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes, and luggage.
• Answer all external and internal telephone calls
• Initiate call back after check-in to ensure guest is satisfied with accommodations as well as offer any assistance.
• Adhere to the principles of ResPlus including the “Perfect ResPlus Call” and the “Call Back Program”.
• Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
• Provide gracious and efficient telephone service as it relates to general PBX services. Calls should be answered
• promptly and knowledgeably, always ensuring complete and accurate information.
• Complete all items as listed on shift checklists.
• Advise guest of any messages, mail, faxes, etc. received for them.
• Communicate service and amenities of the hotel to guests.
• Communicate VIP arrivals to designated personnel for escort and delivery of amenities.
• Take, record and relay messages accurately, completely and legibly.
• Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity deliver).
• Provide Concierge service - fluent knowledge of local restaurants, special events, city attractions, and guest amenities.
• Knowledgeable of hotel fire and emergency procedures.
Joie de Vivre Hospitality
- 14 months ago - save job