US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a PC Network Support Tech 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Chantilly, VA.
Join us on the edge… The Cutting Edge! The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Civil Systems Division.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support for computers and associated networks.
- Installs, troubleshoots, services, and repairs personal computers, network equipment such as servers, modems, multiplexers, related PC software, telephones, cables, and connectors.
- Provides personal computer, hardware, and software support. Installs, services, and repairs personal computers and installs attendant software.
- Connects personal computers and terminals to existing data networks.
- Maintains network diagrams and circuit records. Maintains trouble logs. Instructs users in the use of personal computers and networks. Investigates information, network, and communications needs of users, and makes recommendations regarding software and hardware purchases. Performs basic PC and network software programming.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Associates Degree or two years of additional experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- 3 years experience performing a wide variety of work in support of PCs, laptops, MS-Outlook, and general use Microsoft computing products.
- Knowledge of Altiris OSLOAD Imaging process.
- Knowledge of VSM problem management database.
- Able to lift 20 lb’s.
- Valid California Driver’s License.
- A+ certification.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Excellent customer skills are required as is flexibility with regard to work hours and site location.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
For a listing of all Northrop Grumman open positions, please visit our website at http://careers.northropgrumman.com
- 1 year experience supporting Northrop Grumman networks
- A+ certification
- HP/MCP certification
- Windows 7 knowledge a plus
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 16 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...