Emerging Health Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Montefiore Medical Center. Emerging Health IT, a healthcare IT consulting and professional services company, is a dynamic organization that provides hospitals and medical centers with world-class healthcare information solutions. We provide an exciting, fast-paced environment in which dedication and innovation are rewarded and where individuals can make a difference in the lives of patients. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of healthcare through advanced IT solutions! Emerging Health IT is located in Yonkers, NY.
The PC Support Analyst provides quality support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness. He/she acts as a customer advocate in the resolution of their requests. The PC Support Analyst performs the installation, repair and preventative maintenance of personal computers and related systems. The PC Support Analyst provides outstanding client service and contributes to the organization’s mission of utilizing information technology to improve patient care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service in addressing and solving client’s desktop issues. Serve as the client’s advocate when resolving their issues and requests.
- Travel to client locations and provide onsite support for users according to customer support guidelines.
- Perform diagnostics on hardware, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Respond to and coordinate client support issues within an allotted time.
- Perform corrective actions and secure and install spare parts as necessary.
- Use and maintain current support policies and methods of support delivery. Communicate client and technical services policies for supported products.
- Identify network issues and resolve them or escalate problems to the appropriate associate.
- Manage Remedy tickets for resolution and closure.
- Attend Client Support Group training and be a subject matter expert. Mentor and provide expertise to fellow associates.
- Maintain a well-structured relationship with floor managers, administrators, and client’s staff.
- Optimize on site PC performance and provide an accurate inventory of the area’s equipment. Maintain all computer equipment within assigned locations.
- Research, resolve, and respond to highly complex questions in accordance with Client Support Guidelines.
- Demonstrate an awareness of support issues as they apply on a company-wide and business basis.
- Participate in rollouts and other team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of support.
- Emerging Health is a professional services organization with a matrix reporting structure. Associate’s roles may differ depending on the project, however, their position and title remains the same.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Desktop configuration and support
- Hardware installation and support
- ITIL Certification, Networking certificationa Plus
- Familiarity with current Microsoft client operating systems, (i.e. XP, Seven). Advanced understanding of computer networking Advanced understanding of Active Directory and related user and computer management tasks.
- 2+ years’ experience providing support to Macintosh users in an Active Directory domain.
- Experience supporting/working in a mixed PC and Macintosh environment
- Experience with Mobile devices management such including Iphone, windows mobile and blackberries
- Good oral and written communications skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain, track, and report project status and metrics
- Able to cope with rapid and frequent changes
- Ability to relate well with technical staff
- Must be a strong team player with a constructive perspective and commitment to the success of the group
- Attention to detail oriented and thorough in their work.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Candidate should be able to prepare documentation and keep the operations area informed of changes to the production environment.