- Provision of on-site applications support to users within different business units
- Must be very client-centric and alert to user needs and have strong/proven client facing skills
- Develop effective lines of communication with front/back office users and Information Systems; have effective use of support tools and processes: e.g. monitoring, e-mails, and Helpdesk tracking system
- Proactively follow up with users, track, and monitor all open/pending Help Desk tickets.
- Understand and respond appropriately to the needs of clients who are encountering systems difficulties related to software or hardware/ infrastructure maintaining transparency with timely & accurate feedback
- Use technical and analytical expertise and knowledge of systems to resolve problems internally or through outside vendors and manufacturers and escalate issues as appropriate to Information Systems management.
- Responsible for being responsive: act promptly to address client needs upon understanding their expectations, constraints and concerns.
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, Live Chat , e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies
- Determines whether problem is caused by hardware such as desktops, laptops, printer or software etc.
- Logs and tracks calls using problem management database, and maintains history records and related problem documentation
- Installs personal computers, software, and peripheral equipment if needed.
The successful candidate will be an individual with a broad range of IT skills who is capable of working in an environment that requires flexibility and high productivity, either within a team or on their own with a strong focus on delivery to the business. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems and hardware requirements.
The qualified candidate will work a Friday to Tuesday schedule.
The New York Racing Association, Inc. is a private, non-profit association that owns and operates the three largest racetracks in New York:...