PC Support Specialist
IT - Systems
Provides technical support to the organizations internal users of computer applications and hardware. Works under general direction while exercising a fair degree of discretionary judgment. This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals.
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
- Recommends and schedules repairs.
- Provides end users support for all client and LAN- based applications.
- Installs and configures workstations. Coordinates office relocations with Corporate Services.
- Responds to questions regarding systems procedures, systems status, and downtime procedures.
- Collaborates with network services, software systems in order to restore service and/or identify problems.
- Calls software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Maintains help desk log ensuring timely resolution of problems.
- Trains users on software and hardware during new hire orientations.
- Sets up and monitors meetings requiring telephone and video conferencing.
- Provides support to the Senior Windows Engineer as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field and one to two years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Experience in the following areas required:
Experience in the following areas preferred:
- Knowledge of commonly-used IT concepts, practices and procedures required.
- Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows 7/XP desktop environments.
- Installing and configuring Windows 2003/2008 Server operating systems.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Internet Explorer and experience supporting email clients.
- TCP/IP networking.
- Managing and coordinating equipment repairs.
- Microsoft Active Directory environment.
- Creating custom Windows XP installations.
- Creating batch files and scripts.
Demonstrated ability to manage time efficiently across multiple projects. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Must demonstrate clear and effective oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside the department and across the organization. Ability to instruct and communicate with novice and expert computer users relative to hardware and software support issues. Ability to solve complex problems and exercise judgment when problems should be escalated.
- MCSE or MCSE in progress.
- Vista, Office 2007, or SharePoint 2007.