Do you like helping others with their technical
Do you like figuring out problems with hardware,
software? Do you have patience with inexperienced users?
If this describes you, then welcome to HOERBIGER as a
PC SUPPORT TECHNICIAN 1
The PC Support Technician is responsible for managing
incoming helpdesk requests and calls from users.
Candidates must be capable of investigating and
resolving software and hardware problems conveyed from
the computer users. The individual will communicate with
the users of all departments ensuring computer issues
are handled professionally, and that the highest quality
of service is provided. Communication skills and
attention to details are essential to this position.
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide valuable service to our users; manage
incoming calls from users, log the problem and
ensure the issues are entered into the system
- Tests software and hardware to evaluate ease of use
and whether product will aid user in performing
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming
telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person
requests for assistance from users experiencing
problems with hardware, software, networking, and
other computer-related technologies.
- Writes or revises user training manuals and
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation,
resolution and follow-up for routine user problems,
referring more complex problems to supervisor or
- Calls software and hardware vendors to request
service regarding defective products
- Writes software and hardware evaluation and
recommendation for management review
- Logs and tracks calls using problem management
database, and maintains history records and related
- Develops training materials such as exercises and
- Installs personal computers, software, and
- Take responsibility and be accountable for the
calls by managing all calls that you have logged
until they are completed and the client is satisfied
with our service
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Education and/or Experience
Associates (A. A.) or Technical degree in Computer
Science; or three to four years related experience
and/or training as a PC Help Desk Technician; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A+ certification required
- Post-secondary education in Technology
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Domain
- Lotus Notes experience preferred
- Training or education in customer service an asset
- Team player assisting co-workers if and when the
- Excellent attention to detail on all aspects of
service in order to exceed Users expectations.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organizational habits required
- Knowledge of general Helpdesk systems an asset
We offer an excellent compensation and complete benefit
program in a stable and supportive work environment. Our
global commitment to technological advancement offers
opportunities for personal growth and development.
Interested candidates may submit their resume to our
application system via the button below.
Hoerbiger Compression Technology - 16 months ago