As a PC Tech II you will provide 1 st and 2nd Tier PC / midrange support. The focus of this position will be on providing Service Desk support as well as supporting the Shelby and Willard plant environments. The position will be based out of Shelby Ohio. This position will report to the Service Desk Group Manager in Valley City.
Essential Job Duties required for this position:
Candidate will be responsible for providing Service Desk call center support clients within the MTD North American sites. Candidate will function as the primary local support resource for the Shelby and Willard plant environments. He/she will create and maintain support documentation required for plant equipment so that environment can be supported by the Service Desk team. Candidate will work with IT management and local site management to manage product upgrades, product maintenance and vendor relationships. Candidate will collaborate with IT management and local management to support projects and drive process improvement. Ability to provide 24/7 support for MTD’s infrastructure environment. Act as a consultant and mentor to Service Desk staff. Advise and mentor other staff members during break/fix and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) activities. A mentoring approach will be used whenever possible, to transfer experience and skills to other team members. Act as a consultant to Project and Tier 2 group, in design, implementation and validation phases of projects and infrastructure components.
Key Traits required for this position:
- Track and monitor problems to insure timely resolution.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, resolve hardware, software, peripherals, and network issues
- Perform system backup, recovery, availability and resiliency
- Provide user orientation and training related to features and functionality of the implemented systems, both hardware and software.
Minimum technical/educational requirements:
- 4 or more years supporting Microsoft platforms
- 3 or more years troubleshooting experience with MS Offices products
- 3 or more years supporting Windows Desktops and Thin Clients
- 2 or more years of postsecondary education
- 1 or more years supporting Windows 2003/2008 Server
Preferred technical/experience requirements:
- 3+ years of experience in an plant environment
- Experience supporting scanguns and printers (networked, wireless and label)
- Experience supporting distribution facility equipment such as Carousel servers, Tompkins Control Systems servers, Reddwerks pick to light servers, Vocollect,
- Microsoft MCP or Cisco CCNA
- Client Focused
- Able to communicate to all levels
- Leader / Team builder
- Strong Troubleshooter
- Thought leader T
- Time Management
Environment is a combination of corporate wide call center support and local hands on support for the plant environments in Shelby and Willard.
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm, off hours and 24 x 7 on-call support as necessary
MTD Products Inc - 20 months ago
MTD Products wants to mow down its foes. The outdoor power equipment manufacturer makes walk-behind and tractor mowers, snow throwers,...