The role of the Lead PC Technician is to assist the Operations Manager with the operational management and support of Consortium information technology users. This includes assigning, supporting and providing direction to other PC technicians in collaboration with the Operations Manager and CIO. Configure desktop and support management software to automate updates in a manner that will ensure availability, integrity and confidentiality of patient information according to HIPAA standards. Manage tier 2 support requests which require an advanced level of technical expertise. Assist with development, deployment and enforcement of technical policies and procedures. Consult with vendors for support, quote, and licensing issues.
Baseline Qualification Requirements:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, related field, OR 4 years of experience, OR a combination of education and experience installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading MS operating systems, PC software, hardware and peripheral equipment in a network environment and 1 year supervision experience. A high degree of knowledge regarding information technology is required to perform the majority of tasks involved in this position
- Desktop And Server Management or related certification.
- Solaris System Administration course.
- Windows Server Training
- Database Management Training, i.e. SQL Server
- Network Management Training.
Southeast Alaska Regional Health Consortium - 12 months ago