Maintain desktop, laptop & associated PC Equipment to be in good optimum operating condition.
Support PC users in a timely & quality fashion. Inventory recording and reporting of equipment & licensing with detailed information (i.e. size, serial #’s, license, etc.). This position should document software and hardware procedures.
1. PC Desktop/Laptop Hardware support -- Load all required software, backup user data from PC prior to repair or equipment upgrade, testing PC and Software for functionality before sending out to users, troubleshoot desktop/laptop equipment repair as needed, setup equipment at users’ desk and move equipment as required. Create a base image for each PC/Desktop type/model.
2. Printers -- Install printer drivers, maintain current printer drivers for installation, perform routine maintenance and repair.
3. Database Information -- Maintain PC, laptop, software license, printer equipment and obsolete equipment inventory in spreadsheet. Perform inventory count by location (Mexico, Canada, UK, Farmington, Malaysia etc.) Provide reports of equipment from spreadsheet.
4. Maintain list of inventory items in MIS storage area. Help store/retrieve items as required.
6. Daily job requirements -- Remove and store nightly backup tapes daily, monitor all utility PC’s and Servers, daily report summary of backups, server uptime, backup of setup & assigning MSR requests.
7. Documentation -- Maintain, follow & update standard operating procedures for related job functions
8. Software Support -- Provide helpdesk support for users with software problems, use internet resources and vendor contacts as needed to resolve problems, download software updates, patches and drivers as needed and install to PC’s.
9. Twisted pair cabling -- Help troubleshoot possible cable problems.
10. Phone Support -- Deliver move and test IP phones.
11. Perform other department/related tasks that may be assigned by operations supervisor.
Technical Aptitude and an ability to deal with people
Software skills in Win95, Win/NT, Win/2000, Win 7, Excel spreadsheets, E-mail , word processing and other related software.
2 Year Degree in Computer Science Preferred but O.T.S. experience will be considered
5 Years hands on experience
Clarcor Inc - 12 months ago