Signature Performance, a leader in the health care accounts receivable industry, has an opportunity as a PEBLO Assistant.
If you are interested in applying please fill out an online application at www.signatureperformance.com and click on the Career tab and follow the instructions.
- The primary purpose of this position is to serve as an administrative assistant for the Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer (PEBLO) in the Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) program, Disability Evaluation System (DES), Temporary Disability Retirement Listings (TDRL) and TRICARE Operations Patient Administration service
- . Individual will perform various clerical and administrative duties such as initiation and processing of health care forms, documents, medical documentation and reports used in patient administration
- Receives telephone calls, emails, or visitors and assists as required.
- Receives and reviews all incoming/outgoing correspondence (written or electronic communications, etc) accurately determining nature of request and routes correspondence appropriately
- Retrieves, copies and files documents into official medical records. May be required to locate medical documentation such as narrative summaries, referral entries, results for placement into case files.
- Provides and initiates medical forms for customers.
- Schedules appointments (to include medical, Compensation and Pension (C&P) exams as well as local medical evaluation boards).
- Assist with the proper assembly of MEB case files (Review-In-Lieu-Of (RILO) MEBs, MEB packages, and/or TDRL exams).
- Assists customers with arrangements to travel on temporary duty status to and from other locations (as required).
- Forwards completed MEB, TDRL packages to required offices (e.g., AFPC/DPSD).
- When not needed to support PEBLO/DES services, performs other administrative duties supporting Patient Administration including medical records filing, retrieval, research or review.
www.signatureperformance.com Requirements include:
Education . High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency. Completion of an Administrative Assistant program is desired.
- A fully qualified typist with a minimum of 40 WPM is required.
- Standard office equipment, such as computers, typewriters, copiers, fax machines, scanners, telephone and office automation systems.
- General medical ethics, telephone etiquette and excellent communication and customer services skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and coordinate activities such as appointments, meetings, and suspense timelines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- English language, correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and format to prepare and edit written and electronic correspondence and reports.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software. Able to use various programs, such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Project to generate a range of products (i.e., tables of contents, import graphs or databases, create glossaries, align multiple columns, print document, identify files or make other notations at the top or bottom of each page, and create form letters and automatically merging these with mailing lists).
Experience. At least 12 months of experience in an administrative assistant role is required.
Signature Performance - 14 months ago