Find yourself among the best. At The University of Kansas Hospital, nurses deliver world-class patient care in an environment where opinions are respected, professionalism is rewarded and teamwork is valued. Nurses come here to practice at the leading edge of their profession, to be an integral part of medical breakthroughs, and to handle complex cases that community hospitals rarely if ever see. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Perioperative Nurse Liaison.
- Communicates with staff surgeon, OR personnel, patient and patient's family during the pre operative, intra operative, and post operative phases of the surgical experience.
- Trains and educates staff for identification of psycho-social needs of patient's family both within and outside the perioperative process.
- Creates and maintains informative videotapes that patient and patient's family can preview.
- Utilizes evaluative data in collaborating with surgical team to influence the revision of patient care planning.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current Kansas Registered Nurse license or eligible.
- Minimum of 2 years OR experience.
- Must have an American Heart Association basic life support (BLS) or an American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescurer certification.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 20 months ago