Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum Experience: One (1) year job related experience preferrably in a banking or customer service enviroment
• Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of computers
Additional Job information:
• Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Aptitude for consultative selling; prior sales/customer service experience
- Working knowledge of bank products and services
Please note that travel may be required during the initial New Hire training period.
This position is the front-line point of contact for new and existing retail customers in the branch. Under direct supervision, develops new customer relationships by the consultative selling of bank products and services. Additionally, maintains existing customer relationships by servicing customer needs as appropriate, including providing account or product-related information, processing transactions, and referring customers to other areas within the bank as appropriate.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Actively markets bank products and services to customers within the branch. Schedules prospect appointments either through initial contact or through follow up phone calls. Closes sales by engaging prospects in new or enhanced banking relationships.
• Demonstrates solid working knowledge of bank products, services, policies and procedures.
• Identifies cross-selling opportunities through customer profiling and needs assessments, then refers customers to appropriate areas within the Bank or to other Synovus companies to optimize their financial relationship.
• Opens and processes new demand and time deposit accounts including passbook accounts, IRAs, certificates of deposit, and money market accounts. Issues counter checks, performs changes of address, redeems savings bonds, conducts money transfers, provides access to safe deposit boxes, receives loan payments and sells/ buys foreign currency.
• Monitors account files and updates customers upon maturity of fixed, time-based instruments.
• Provides consumer and small business customers with information on deposit accounts, rates, service charges, restrictions and other relevant account information.
• Following established procedures for new checking accounts, obtains and completes appropriate documentation, orders checks and debit cards and provides starter checks.
• Telemarkets products and and/or services to existing branch customers as appropriate.
• Responsible for achieving threshold monthly sales goals.
• Performs Teller credit and debit transactions as needed.
• Works with branch management and Tellers to ensure appropriate lobby management.
• For in-store staff, duties may also include: actively marketing to prospective customers in store aisles, using PA systems to announce product promotions, and performing Teller functions.
• Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V/AA
Synovus Financial Corp.
- 10 months ago - save job