Personal Care Assistant
Full-Time and Part-Time
Job Summary :
Provides personal care, homemaking and companionship for clients.
Qualifications and Requirements :
Required Licenses, Registrations and/or Certifications:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum Six months in a supervised healthcare setting.
- Experience working as part of a team and working effectively with persons and communities from diverse cultural, social, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently, problem solve and think critically with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Willingness to travel throughout Northeast Ohio
- Valid Drivers License with less than six points
- Must own a reliable vehicle
Illustrative duties may include, but are not restricted to, one or more of the following:
- Assists with personal hygiene, activities of daily living, and supportive care as outlined in the Service Plan of Care.
- Maintains a clean and safe home environment, including homemaking activities.
- Plans, prepares and/or assists with nutritious meals and prescribe diets.
- Observes and reports changes in the client's usual physical or mental health status.
- Documents care given, activities performed and client status in a timely and accurate manner.
- Promotes mental alertness and interpersonal relationships with client by providing stimulation through social interactions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Field Work :
- Ability to talk and hear
- Clear vision at close, mid and far distances
- Ability to drive a car
- Manual dexterity to operate a car, phone, basic medical equipment, computer laptop and household equipment.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk and climb stairs while carrying 15 pounds.
- Ability to squat, kneel, bend, reach and grasp (while bending) to assist a 250 pound patient to their feet from a sitting position and to assist the patient back to a sitting position.
Field Environment :
This position offers a starting salary of $9.06 and a generous benefit package including tuition reimbursement after 1 year!
- Travel by car.
- Exposure to changing weather conditions; sometimes driving in inclement weather.
- Varied residential environments, based on assigned caseload.
- May be exposed to resident waste, tissue and blood products; required to use personal protective equipment and universal precautions accordingly.
- May be exposed to infectious pathogens, virus and disease.
- May be exposed to combative patients and/or patients with delirium/confusion.
Bring your enthusiasm and expertise to the VNA today.
A HOME FOR YOUR CAREER!