Human Resources provides the following services to Montana State University Bozeman (including the Montana Extension Service and Agricultural Experiment Station offices throughout the state): development, implementation and interpretation of personnel policy; job classification and pay administration; recruitment and selection; operation and management of payroll and benefits; training and development; and various special projects as required.
The person in this position effectively collaborates as a partner and team member of human resources customer service teams by providing guidance and excellent customer service from "hiring to retiring". This position is responsible for providing personnel support and general procedural guidance regarding classification, report generation, recruitment and pre-employment background checks. Other responsibilities include: assisting and responding to inquiries/requests regarding all services provided by HR; maintenance of a variety of spreadsheets; collaborating in receiving and providing training and cross-training internally and externally; serving as backup to other HR personnel as needed; performing related duties as required.
1. High school graduation or G.E.D. plus two years of full-time (or part-time equivalent) administrative and/or clerical work experience in a service oriented position, which includes customer service and record keeping duties, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
2. Demonstrated skill using personal computers and a variety of software including word processing, spreadsheet, email and database applications. Experience using Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook required. (Please list software used and types of documents produced.)
3. Demonstrated competence maintaining data, detailed record keeping/filing systems.
4. Demonstrated ability organizing and prioritizing large volumes of work, meeting inflexible deadlines and adapting to changing priorities in a high volume and demanding environment.
5. Successful experience interpreting, applying and communicating detailed information, both verbally and in writing, to a variety of individuals both internal and external to the organization while exhibiting a quality customer service approach in a professional environment.
1. Experience in a human resource environment and/or knowledge of human resource procedures, practices, policies and laws.
2. Experience working in a personnel office.
3. Experience working with SCT Banner software.
The successful candidate will also have the following abilities : appropriately applying and explaining guidelines, policies and procedures to a wide variety of individuals; prioritizing and addressing a high volume of questions or inquiries in person, over the phone and through business correspondence; ability to represent Human Resources in an extremely confidential manner, and its programs to others in a professional and courteous manner.
1. In accordance with MSU policy, hiring will be conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Applications must be received by 5:00 pm, May 17, 2013. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline.
To apply, please download the application materials by clicking here MSU Classified Employment Application .
The applicant must submit an MSU Application. Electronic submissions are highly preferred. An original signature of the MSU-Bozeman Application Cover Sheet is required via scanned PDF, fax, or hardcopy original to the address below. Submit materials to:
Montana State University Human Resources P.O. Box 172520 Bozeman, MT 59717-2520 email@example.com Fax: 406-994-5974
Please e-mail or call at 406-994-3651 with any questions.